O/T Stolen ribbons off my van

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty-bee

Reaction score
While my van was parked at the Naval hospitalhere on base someone decided that they needed my "Keep my husband safe"and " Keep my daddy safe" ribbons way more than I did. They are fairlyinexpensive so the money to buy more isn't the issue. The fact thatanother Marine (or Sailor for that matter) orone of theirfamily members took them. I mean come on I'm showing my support for theguys over there and letting others know that someone close to ourhearts is there doing his part. It just sickens me that they'd eventake it.

I'm sorry that happened to you :(

Were they ribbons for your antenna or the magnetic type? I rememberwatching a story not too long ago about missing ribbon's. I just lookedup an article covering the story....

Take Care,

Megan

[size=+1]Squirrellythief steals yellow ribbons from tree [/size]

Posted on 06/29/2004 7:51:18 AM PDT
BETTENDORF, Iowa - A couple has finally discovered what was happeningto the yellow ribbons they were tying to the trees in their yard insupport of their son and other troops in Iraq.
"The ribbons started to disappear. Every time it disappeared, I wouldhang a new one," said Bob Saskowski, who tied the ribbons with hiswife, Alexis.
It went on for eight months. The last straw was when three ribbons disappeared in three days.
So Bob Saskowski appealed to his neighbors through a memo, asking themto talk to their teenagers about respect and patriotism and asked fortheir help.
"It indicated I needed their eyes to help them watch the trees," he said.
Neighbors responded by adding yellow ribbons to the trees in their yards.
"My husband and I were ticked," said neighbor Patty Kenyon. "And we alldecided if this person was going to pick on Bob, they can pick on allof us. And we literally put ribbons up and down the street."
The ribbons kept disappearing, but only from the Saskowski yard.
"We thought someone had a vengeance against us, personally, because noone else's ribbons in the neighborhood was disappearing," Saskowskisaid.
Finally, the couple set up a video camera, focused on the yard. Sixweeks later, they caught the culprit on tape. The ribbon was beingshimmied slowly down the trunk.
At the base, the squirrel pushing the ribbon, bit through the ribbon and took off with it.
"We can laugh now," Saskowski said. "Before, it was not funny."
He says the squirrel was actually a good thing.
"And I named him Patriot because he brought our neighborhood together," Saskowski said.

Latest posts

Back