Binky

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I am so excited. We just got our first binky fromAthena. Yea! I am so happy. I've been worried about if she was happyhere with us. She's stretched out in the hallway. That's a first too.Hopefully this maens she's starting to feel more relaxed. I think I amabout as excited as when my son took his first steps lol. I feel likeI'm doing a good job as a bunny mom.

LOL! Congratulations! I felt the same way when Sherman did his first binky. :)

I don't have children, but it was the same feeling that I know I wouldhave had with one of my own children's "firsts" (if I had any) :cool:.

You are a good bunny mom. I love it whenmy buns binky. Especially Trouble. He get this lookof sheer delight on his face. Trixie has never been one tobinky a lot but you should have seen her after I had put some babylinks in her cage. They hang from the top of the cage and sheenjoys playing with them. They can be such funny littlecreatures! :D Beckie

Yeah its the cutest thingmy daughtertold me cuddles did a binkie the first day he was here i was likeYES!!! Now everytime he is out he does em or ill see him doing one inhis cage. I think he is adjusting very well here he is likeone of my kids he dont listen to me either lol:?

Loz n Ebony, this is how one website defines a binky:

A binky is an expression of joy from a rabbit. When a rabbitbinkies, it jumps into the air, often twisting and flicking its feetand head. Unfortunately they often don't judge where they are going toland properly, and binky into the wall, furniture etc. Binkies are hardto photograph as they are so quick!

Link: http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/behaviourfaq.htm

Hope this helps! :)

My husband thought I was nuts when it happened. Iwas so happy I started crying. I explained to him how worried I hadbeen about her. He still looks like he thinks I'm nuts. This from a manthat gets down on his knees in front of her cage and baby talks to herlol.

Loz, I don't know if all bunies binky the same way. Athena and Apollodo. They race across the living room, jump up into the air and do thisspin thing. It's really cute. You can see on their faces" life doesn'tget any better than this".

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks of my rabbits in humanterms. All of my animals are like kids. They usually don't listen andI'm the one clening up their messes lol.

I remember Oreo's first binky lol I had no cluewhat she was doing, thought she had some kinda odd nervous twitch orsomething lol :D

~pam

I love reading about binkies! Jade still does hersin mid-run, especially when she has just done something she isntsuppose to be doing (her way of distracting me from YET another pieceof nasty wall covering missing) she will grow up to be a fine interiordesigner I tell ya! Jezebel on the other hand has moved her binkies tothe couch-and she looks whacked in the head when she does it...

You know how cats chase and attackinvisible things?well......Jezebel does the same on the couch, and then she gives thecushion a little massage afterwards-very strange looking. She pressesher front feet together and pushes them over and over ahead of her(with no nails though..) has me quite perplexed-maybe its a whole newbinkie process?

Cher

LOL! Jade and Jezebel are obviouslycreative types! They're just adding their own "special touch"to the art of the binky! :D

Congratulations dejeti2!

You're definitely a great bunny mom. No question about it! You're little one loves life with you, no doubt.

Tucker doesn't binky on the hardwood floors in my apt., but he's like aMexican Jumping Bean on my carpet. I think it helps when they can digtheir nails into the rug/grass/flooring surface. No factual evidence ofthat, just an observation.

In addition to the site BunnyMommy noted, a website definitely worthbookmarking and is so much fun to read ishttp://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html

Cher,

I love how the girls mess with you all the time. It cracks me up!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back