My New Flemish Giant Mix

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budgirl9

Reaction score
Hello, I feel really good today, I adopted a bunny from the humane society, I thought of getting a new baby bunny, but with all the bunnies out there that need a new home. her name is Rose she is a Flemish giant mix, she is one year old. I have two Holland Lops and I know how they are. but can anybody tell me about the Flemish breed. I know the history about them I just would like to know on their temperament, do they make great pets?

hehe, I wanna see pics of the flemish near the hollands (obviously not RIGHT with them since they're not bonded, but with a divider or something between 'em)!

temperament goes more by the individual rabbit than by the breed, unlike dogs and such, so it's hard to give a generalization of what a breed is like ><

They are generaly a laid back breed. But like Imbrium said, it depends on the individual rabbit. Be gentle and they'll be gentle back :3
Congrats! Hope to see some pictures!

I agree that we need pictures :) From what I have herd, they are sweet, gentle rabbits that can be clowns and get what they want. You should check out the blog about Monty in the bunny blogs section of the forum. Monty is a Flemish Giant. Great blog with lots of pictures and videos. My next rabbit (many years from now) will be a Flemish or a Polish. (I know, HUGE size difference).

Rosie weighs about 10 pounds and much bigger then my Holland Lops, My one Holland Lop has been watching her and Rosie is watching him.

she isn't suppose to be interacting with the other rabbits yet The humane society told me i had to wait 10 days, she has a basic cage but I have a play pen for her and plan on expanding the play pen.

Why ten days? Honestly, there is no set time frame. I did not wait to introduce Mischa and Nikolai. I would introduce them when you feel Rosie has settled in and is comfortable with her surroundings so that she is not stressed about the introduction.

Latest posts

Back