My new bun likes me ^_^

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiff

Reaction score
This is only the 3rd day since I got my little bunny Ralpa (approx 2 months old) and I'm trying to get her used to being picked up and held so I can cuddle with her.

I've had 2 rabbits in the past, for over 11 years, but it's been about 7 years now since I had my last. So it's basically all new for me again.

I was holding her today, resting her on my hand/arm against my chest, petting her head and cheeks, listening to the sounds she made so I could figure out where her favorite petting spots are (seems to be behind and around her ears), and she started licking my chest! :3 She did it for a few minutes, stopped, and did it again a few minutes later hehe. It makes me so happy!

I'm so glad she's bonding with me so quickly :)

Wonderful! If your bunny is giving you kisses WHILE you're holding her, then you know your bond is going well. Keep holding her! Make sure she always feels fully supported, and give her plenty of kisses and grooms while you snuggle, but if at any time she indicates that she wants down, put her down. It's all about the trust. If she trusts you to completely know her needs, you and she will have a beautiful bond.

Latest posts

Back