New indoor bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurtleShark

Reaction score
I got a sweet little holland lop yesterday. She's in a makeshift pen in our extra bedroom with a small hard-side crate as her "den". The room is empty, and we have some barriers up to keep her on the blankets to help protect the rug. She has free reign of the room inside the fence and seems to have finally started exploring the room. She's left plenty of little pellets laying around. I've gathered them together as I find them and plan on removing them at the end of the day. She has a food and water dish both outside of her cage. She seems to enjoy carrots and has had a few tiny pieces along with a single dandelion leaf. Are both of those okay? She has some hay inside of her den that was given to us from her previous owner.

Today I plan on buying:
Food
A water dish (we are using a plastic container right now)
Some puppy pee pads to put under her blankets to keep the floor clean until I can manage to get her to use a litter box.
Some small animal paper bedding (carefresh) for the litter box
Some timothy hay for her to snack on.

What I'd like to know is anything that I may be doing wrong and what I could use as an air freshener (kept out of reach of the bunny, of course) as the smell is already getting strong in there.

My bunny is an (presumably*) intact 2 year old frosty female Holland lop.
The presumably is put there because her previous owner had attempted to breed her twice and failed. She has been tattooed and I was told she had a pedigree but that I had no need for it as I wouldn't be breeding her.

Now all I need is a good name too... Hmm.

Maybe when I can catch her out of her den I'll get a picture for everyone to see!

Sounds great! Your bunny sure will be hoppy!

The dandelion and carrots are good to feed you bunny. Just make sure that you don't give them to much.

Everything sounds great to me! Have fun with you bunny! :)

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

Some good names.... Frosty. Olaf, Elsa, jaz, Mopsy, Flopsy,Fluffy,Hop,Hope,mobey,Samsung,Snowy,Honey,Cally and Molly.

Be careful with the puppy training pads as I used to use them but they began to chew on them and they expand in there tummys and cause GI

Be careful with the puppy training pads as I used to use them but they began to chew on them and they expand in there tummys and cause GI

Yeah, I'm going to be very careful with them. I put them down and then secured them with the fencing things and then put a blanket down and secured that as well.

First steps toward litter training! She has used it already. She also used the space around it, but I guess she isn't going to be perfect on her first try.

I would suggest a tarp or some sort of plastic sheet to protect the floor. Dollar stores are usually good for that sort of stuff and cheap too. A fleece blanket, bed sheet or something to cover the tarp is good too. A couple helps when to comes to cleaning them. They are good even once she is litter trained. You could use puppy pads or towels between the fleece and the tarp for extra absorbency if you want.

I don't really like carefresh as it can be expensive and doesn't seem to absorb as well. I use wood pellets, you can get them as horse stall bedding or wood stove pellets for about $6 for a 40 pound bag.

I'm using recycled paper pellets, which are another good alternative to wood pellets. :)

Latest posts

Back