pine cones

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think they are any problem, if they have not been chemically treated. I do seem to remember someone recommending "baking" them in the oven for some reason or another, which completely escapes me right now.

Buck

My buns love there pine cones and I do bake them for about 15 minutes at 200 to melt out the resin and kill any critters. They eat them ant throw them around:D

The above was posted by Bunty. I looked up pine cones in the search and found this, hope it is helpful!

Fergi's mom

I believe they bake them to kill any pests and dry out the cone for any troubles.

A piece of apple wood, if I wasn't sure if it was clean enough to give to my rabbits, I'd bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes to kill off anything that could harm them.

-Carolyn

Thanks for the advice, I baked the pine cones. He seems to like to chew on them, which is great since he does not like to chew wood.

I'll keep that in mind. Anything new to give to the rabbits, I'm game for. This time of year is good to go out collecting pine cones, too. :)

Latest posts

Back