Random Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
Okay, took my bunny to the vet for a pre spay check up at 4 months and was told it was 100% a female. Went into surgery 3 weeks later, shaved the belly then called me to tell me that my little girl was in fact a little boy. And they told me that when rabbits are scared there "things" can hide up in them. Is this true?

Yep male bunnies can draw the testes up inside. What doesn't change is the shape of the external emitter when they are spread for viewing--the girl is a triangular shape and the male appendage looks like a straw. I'd seriously look for a more knowledgeable vet. I went to the shelter to pick up a "mixed, male, mini"--turned out to be a really mixed up female and took me less than 2 seconds to tell. Your vet is either lazy, lame, or had a proxy check.

I never rely on seeing testicles, cant wait for them, have to divide into boys and girls before they drop. I judge by the shape of the opening and I got reasonable good at that. Needs some practice, and sometimes I get a second opinion, but a vet should be able to see that.

My bunny is sick and I don't know why. He is laying on his side and not eating, I've tried to force feed him but don't want to over do it. He was fine 2 days ago and he's an indoor rabbit, so no heat stroke. He is laying on his side kicking his legs slightly. What do I do? Anyone please help��

My bunny is sick and I don't know why. He is laying on his side and not eating, I've tried to force feed him but don't want to over do it. He was fine 2 days ago and he's an indoor rabbit, so no heat stroke. He is laying on his side kicking his legs slightly. What do I do? Anyone please help😔
Vet asap

Latest posts

Back