Update on buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmmcnair

Reaction score
Hi all. Things are getting exciting(for me at least). In another post I had mentioned that weare doing 4H this year with rabbits....my son is going to show and domeat pens. I had been having a hard time finding anyonewilling to sell show quality rabbits...I wanted show quality because Iwant to start out good, and not have to keep adding a lot of rabbits(all Californians) for 4H and I'm hoping that things will go wellenough that I can supply for other 4Hers.

Anyway....I finally found someone to sell me some nice lookingrabbits ...atleast to my untrained eye. I bought three does for the priceof my leg! And they are beautiful. The have reallynice rounded backs in pose and good shoulders and full hips.Today I am going to look at bucks....the guy I got the does from had abeauty of a buck but he was only 3-4 mos old (not old enough to breedby the end of November) but a great show quality buck. I maygo get him later after I get my breeding bucks, then again I may findsomething even better than him.

My cages, by the way turned out saggy, I got the wrong babysaver wire.(I got hardwarecloth) I finally found the 1/2 by 1" welded wire and am going to fix theircages.

Now for the pet buns....Ella is stilldigging. I finally got a newpaper to try to put in there and see if that willstop it. Flying poop is just not on my love to dolist! But she is doing well after the scare Ozzy (RIP) put usthrough. Bubba is still messier than ever! But itis getting better with the weather getting cooler. Jenna andLex are still unhappy about not being togetheranymore. Jenna may join our breeding stock...It all depends on our bucks...shehas low shoulders, which is a deduction (or something like that) so atleast one of our bucks needs to have good shoulders...hopefully bothwill.

Yes! Texas is cooling off!!! I'mthrilled.

That's all for now...

Dawn

I forgot to mention...I am going to my very first ARBA showtomorrow!!! I am so excited. I'm taking a travelcage JUST IN CASE!!! This is going to be so neat...I can't wait to seeall the rabbits, and hopefully talk to some breeders. WooHoo!

Hmmm... I thought I didn't click post and there I did. I liked the next post better then this one anyways LOL!

Welcome to the rabbit world!

[shadow=orange] ~*~Amanda~*~ [/shadow]

Welcome to the 'other side of the bridge'(breeders) on the rabbit path!

Watch out! Once you start going to ARBA shows, you will have to go allof them in your area! They are very adicting where you will soon have a'second' family. Watch this show and how it runs, the next one takeyour Californians and see how they do!

[shadow=violet] ~*~Amanda~*~ [/shadow]

Well, I went to the show!! It was fun and prettyexciting seeing all those rabbits....I'm glad my hubby didn't let metake any cash...I would have been bringing home rabbits I don't haveroom for!!!

I might take one of my Californians and show her...I don't know. We'll see.

I got to meet Sandy Sawyer who is a mini lop and cal breeder.Her daughter won BIS, BOS, and something else....she was showingminilops.

Dawn

Now I know to go if I have money to spend...:p

Latest posts

Back