nic cage for one rabbit right now, maybe two soon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frozentoes

Reaction score
I built this for our 10 week old lop as he's not yet trained enough to run around the living room (he tugs and pulls on everything and is permanently hyper so we'd never be able to keep him out of everything)

niccage2.jpg

niccage.jpg

does this seem big enough for two rabbits to be in during the day? in the evening the older one is all over the house but not while we're at work

Yes, beautiful setup! More than big enough for 2 rabbits during the day - heck, you could have 3-4 in there without a problem :)

May I suggest using a covering on the wood floors to give some more traction? Cork matting, or seagrass mats provide a slip-resistant solution.
When my rabbits get excited, they seem to fly all over the place. With slip-free flooring, the odds of a leg or groin injury go down considerably.

Clear anti-slip bathtub mats could also be secured to the cage floor.

Again, that is a super bunny palace :shock:!

Wow, that is an awesome cage. It is definitely big enough for 2 bunnies. You could even block off the top or bottom so you have a space for the new bun during bonding.

wonderful cage! looks plenty big enough to house two rabbits. But I agree with the flooring, something that will give him traction when he wants to run and jump inside the cage.

Also, adorable little guy you've got there!

looks more than adequate for two. Our bunnies just love cardboard boxes--the plain ones. They use them as chew toys as well as a place to just lay around and they are cheap and easy to come by. We even took an apple box and cut holes in the sides and put in a litter box.

AMAZING cage!!!! PLENTY big enough for 2 rabbits. My 2 rabbits (when they were bonded and living together) shared a cage that was less than 1/2 that size and did fine.

Plently big enough. You could put cardboard on top of the wood for now, as he can chew/dig/do-his-buisness on it, and cardboard is edible. Cute rabbit too. Cardboard hides are fun,free edible toys too. You can also use tiolet roles, lunch bags, wood, dog toys, etc. for fun.

A number of us use fleece as flooring. But if he chews, you might have to replace it every now and again. :). You can also get a grass/woven mat.

By the way, I'm jealous of that cage. We only got one box of panels, and now I really which we had gotten more. It'll take some persuasion though, because my dad complains about Faith costing 10x more than our dogs.

Last edited:
Beautiful cage and as everyone has said more than enough space for two!

My flooring in my NIC cage, well one of the floors anyway, is fleece stapled around wood. It works great,'provides good traction and my two don't chew on it.

By the way, I'm jealous of that cage. We only got one box of panels, and now I really which we had gotten more. It'll take some persuasion though, because my dad complains about Faith costing 10x more than our dogs.

if you do get another box, I recommend sears - they still have the best price I've heard about, only $17.59 for 23 panels if you order online (you'll want to do site-to-store to avoid insane shipping fees) - http://www.sears.com/stor-floor-sta...p-00913332000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

@frozentoes: That is an amazing cage. How long did that take to build?

Latest posts

Back