New to Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh shoot! Oh well for the price I can always find a way to modify!! Haha if not I'll just order something else I've got a month before I can go get some bunnies so I've got time to find something new!

For everyone that was replying I FOUND A RESCUE! I just put in an application for a gorgeous female dutch cross that is just over a year old! Shes a good size bunny so fingers crossed the pen works! if not ill get something new!

Oh shoot! Oh well for the price I can always find a way to modify!! Haha if not I'll just order something else I've got a month before I can go get some bunnies so I've got time to find something new!

Rather than waiting, you might want to consider going ahead and ordering a pen like the MidWest exercise pen (also on Amazon) - just be sure to choose the right height. That will save you time if/when the others don't work.

Maybe you can return the others?? even if the pen that you already ordered is only 30" in height, that would still make the opening almost 4" (3.75") --still too large to be safe for a bunny. The "dangerous" cube grids that have the 'larger" openings have openings of less than 3". Those are considered dangerous.

If you have a petsmart near you, some carry a white pen that is 29" tall. All-Living Things is the brand. (They have shorter ones too which would be too short)

I cant return it until I get it which means Id have to send it back! I was debating just blocking the holes on the bottom area 8-12" using foam mats or crib bumpers. Does any one think that could work? Im searching online for another option today!

That one looks like it would work fine. It is similar to the MidWest pen. It seems from the photos, though, that it is a thinner metal than the Midwest. It appears that way to me anyway.

The MidWay is very sturdy, so if that means something to you, it might be worth the 2 extra dollars.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H8YTJI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

If the pen (either of those) is set up in a square configuration, then it is just 16 square feet. But as (I think) I've shown earlier, if it's put against a wall, the space can be easily doubled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. It was a different thread that I showed the x-pen against a wall. Here is such an x-pen (ignore the mesh on the bottom section -- I added that while I was bonding two rabbits and had to keep them from being able to get at each other).

You can see how much larger the space is by doing this.

sams x pen.jpg

Latest posts

Back