Hi from Animoid Row !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BladeRunner

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Have been show breeders in the past; but now am mainly concentrating on NZW's (meat breed) a few wooly breeds (Fr. Angora, Jersey Wooley, Eng. Angora cross) for learning to spin their hair --and of course a few pets now and then.
The pets are Mini-Rex since they make nice pets and seem to be the easiest to 'house train' to a litter box.
Looking forward to reading on this site.

Where do you add a signature or quote ?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find that many of us here have indoor pet rabbits. :)
I've never noticed any difference between ease of training among various breeds. The ones I've had all litter trained quite easily and readily.

Will be curious to hear about spinning wool...

Hey Blue eyes.
The spinning has been a work in progress.
Since I don't want to invest in a spinning wheel (the electric kind , and they're a bit pricey) until I'm sure I can do it....... I made a little drop spindle.
S H 1 T ... that is hard-- just wants to knot up and clump for me.
Bought a baby blanket made from bunny wool for a friend's daughter's baby --and it was fluffy but so soft and fine you could pull it trough a small ring. (the sweater, not the thread/wool)

But my yarn will never be in demand thus far. :(

Is there a swear ban on here ???

Last edited:
Yep.
There's a sequel coming out, too !
Although... my fav. will most likely always be the original . Rutger Hauer's character (Roy Batty) was always so tragic. Imagine a four year life span. Even our rabbits live longer.

We had one herd doe live to be 10 !
I'd tease my husband about her lengthy lifespan and say it's the power of women and the extra nutrition they carry within , to produce new life.
Haha.

Could've been her nasty attitude, though..... I was the only one who could handle her ; but she dropped great kits and took good care of them.

Welcome!

My oldest was a nethie mix who was at least 12 (we adopted him as an adult) when he passed. Bunnies are quite long lived given good homes!

One of our mini rex does. She's a charlie marked blue otter who carries chocolate.

May possibly breed her to a solid chocolate as we'd like a few broken chocolates since they're recognized for showing --- we're borrowing the buck since the breeder wants pick of the litter and I'll keep the rejects.
We had a solid blue buck who was gorgeous ,but produced no babies at all --rehomed him for a pet to some friends.

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

Very pretty! Love her face markings!
I've heard of spinning the wool, my friends have angoras and they do it.

Latest posts

Back