Sage the BLUE Belgian Hare

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I drove 3 hours to get her a week and a half ago, and I couldn't be more thrilled with her! She is about 13 weeks old.

This has always been my "dream breed"- even more so because I LOVE animals with blue/gray/black/white type colors. It's taken a long time for them to work their way to the west coast. She is the most interesting rabbit I have ever owned- WAY smart. These are definitely the Border Collies of the rabbit world.

(and of course we can't leave out my other girl Breezy)
30ru26c.jpg

28877e9.jpg

bi4j0y.jpg

148biu.jpg

14jc21d.jpg

She's such a beautiful bunny - I'm so jealous XD They are pretty rare in France in the pet section (I think some people breed them as game :pssd:). I didn't know they were supposed to be more clever than other breeds!

Breeders do it to identify their stock (helps so rabbits don't get "lost in the system" ) , and ARBA shows require that all rabbits competing have a tattoo.

I don't like the policy personally and think it's unnecessary, but the breeder was kind and made it very small for me.

Sage thanks you all for your compliments! Lol I just love her.

She's beautiful! Not sure why the breeder had to tattoo her though, because I don't think there's a COD on blue hares, which means they aren't showable.

Oh my, she is absolutely gorgeous. I absolutely love Belgian Hares and to have you describe them at the Border Collies of the rabbit world makes me want one even more :p Unfortunately we don't have them in Australia.

Latest posts

Back