Small things mean so much :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minilopbun

Reaction score
I just wanted to post this because I'm absolutely in love with my bunny Baci. Seriously, I'm obsessed. You should see my photo album on my phone -it's all him! I've always thought of myself as a dog person and never ever thought I would end up having a rabbit. Honestly, I was one of those people who thought rabbits smelled bad and stayed in a cage. I never even knew rabbits could be house rabbits and be lovable pets! Then, I saw a picture of a mini lop online and decided to do some research. I learned so much! I continued doing research for a few months before deciding I wanted a bunny. My baby has brought me so much happiness and continues to do so everyday. I can honestly say he was the best Valentine's Day gift I could ask for. My friends think I'm nuts because I get happy over the things that seem so small to them. Tonight, as I was doing my makeup to go out, my little guy jumped on the chair with me and sat with me. Now, people who don't know about rabbits would think that's not a big deal, but we all know it takes so much trust for a rabbit to come and share a small seat so close to a person. When he lays out with his feet kicked back next to me and let's me pet him, it's a huge deal for me! They think I'm crazy lol. In the few months that I've had him, Baci has made me soooo happy with all the little things he does :) rabbits show affection so much differently than a dog and that's what my friends don't understand. Anyway, just wanted to get that out! Hahah I love my bunny so very much

Here's a pic I took of him the other day on my bed. Ugh he's so sweet he looks like a stuffed animal !!!

image.jpg

Last edited:
The harder it is to earn their trust, the more valuable the experience when you succeed. Rabbits truly are one of the most misunderstood pets, as many people don't take the time and effort that is needed to really get to know them. If only they knew what they were missing :)

My boyfriend and I never thought we'd get a rabbit but it was only after a lot of research I realised how much more integrated they can be in your home.

I know what you mean about the small things! It's things like the first time they sit on your lap or flop down next to you.

We took Taco to the vets yesterday and after having his heart monitored, Taco decided he did not like the vet and started standing on his hind legs putting his front paws on my chest wanting strokes and then jumped into my arms! He's never done that before! Obviously, despite playing it cool at home when he felt scared, he wanted me to cuddle him. :)

I have had Phoenix now for a bit over 2 months and she nose bonked me for the first time the other night and she has been tooth purring and when I tell people there reply is usually "cool" or "yeah sounds good" I'm like I never thought this would happen for a least a while yet!!! I make the BIGGEST deal out of it, it makes my day when I see her binky and do the bunny 500 which she did both before :) she is my baby and I'm a tad obsessive haha so I don't blame you!

JBun - yes they are sooooo missing out! Rabbits are wonderful and so entertaining I wish everyone could see that, but i guess some of us are just luckier to experience having them in our homes :)

Stormy - thank you!!! He's such a chunk! He's literally the cutest thing I've ever seen lol! :)

Fluffybuns - awwww your rabbits are adorable!!! I'll upload more pics but I can only do one at a time on my phone so give me a sec! Trust me I've got hundreds and hundreds of photos! Lol

Taco - that's so cute! I can't wait for baci to jump into my arms one day! So far it's just jumping up next to me :) but I've also only had him for 3 months so maybe hopefully later on he will on me (which he actually does but only for food LOL)

Pheonix - yup! Even my boyfriend doesn't share my excitement when these little things happen! I'm like you just don't understand how special it really is! THEY ARE PREY ANIMALS they don't do that stuff with just anyone!!! Lol

They are amazing animals I'm really blessed to be experiencing bonding with a bunny. I love this forum so much everyone loves their rabbits and actually understands me! Hahah

image.jpg

And this is him cuddling with me in bed :) I'll post more pics later if you guys want! He's such a cutie isn't he?!! <3

image.jpg

Not only is your rabbit cute he is amazing that he cand stand in a Horizontal position and levitate, lol. I have the same problem posting pictures that are not right side up and I can't figure out how to rotate them. :help

Oh my goodness Pheonix is adorable! I really like her coloring! Very cute!

Stormey - lol thank you! I LOVE sharing pictures of my little Baci! It actually makes me so happy when I show his pictures I'm that obsessed with him! Lol

I'll post more later :) but here's a confession: Baci actually has his own Instagram!!! I'm 20 and a sophomore in college so I live in a dorm and Baci lives with me in my room when we are not at home so I didn't want to post tons of pics on him on my personal account in case anyone from my school saw so I made his own just to have my friends see all of his pics but now he has over 1,000 followers so it's become a huge deal for me because everyone loves his photos!!! Here you guys can all have a look :)

https://instagram.com/bacibun/

This is how Baci sits when he wants head rubs ! He just sits patiently and waits :) the fact that he wants me to pet him is so amazing! We have bonded so well these past few months

image.jpg

Baci is getting better at letting me pick him up :) just wanted to share this photo, hes so cute he doesn't even look real!!

image.jpg

Oh myyyy, Baci is such a big boy! I could cuddle him for hours if he let me. Baci makes my Melv look like a dinky little dude in comparison.

Yes, he is actually getting pretty big :) I'm wondering if he's actually a French lop! lol just kidding, but yeah he is much much bigger than when I first got him! Just took this photo today, he looks like such a big boy!!!!

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back