False pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So just now I was putting my rabbit back in her hutch after she was in the run... an I found huge glimpses of bir beside her water bowl and on her ramp and a bit in her little hay nest she makes. A week ago I found her collecting hay in her mouth and taking it into the corner of her hutch and making a little nest. I googled it and found that she is probably having a false pregnancy. This is normal isn’t it? The fur?
Thanks

How old is your bunny? Yes, it is normal for an intact doe to get false pregnancies, but it's not good for her. Rabbits who get them tend to produce milk which can result in mastitis and infections. Not even talking about all the problems caused by hormones (cancers, pyometra, comportemental issues...). If your rabbit is about grown (over 7 month old for most breeds) you have to find a rabbit savvy vet and get her spayed.

How old is your bunny? Yes, it is normal for an intact doe to get false pregnancies, but it's not good for her. Rabbits who get them tend to produce milk which can result in mastitis and infections. Not even talking about all the problems caused by hormones (cancers, pyometra, comportemental issues...). If your rabbit is about grown (over 7 month old for most breeds) you have to find a rabbit savvy vet and get her spayed.

She is around 1 year and 5 months. What is mastitis?

Latest posts

Back