A really dopey question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
I have been putting Vanilla Extract (one teaspoonto a gallon)in my Buns drinking water. It seems that they are nowconsuming more water than usual! In the computer room, I have two waterbottles. The bottle without the Vanilla is not being touched! I didn'tmean for this to be a test. The bottle on the left had just been filledwith bottled water (what I have to use because our tap water is gross!)before I bought the Vanilla so I didn't change it. Do they really likeit or are they just drinking more because the weather has been warmer?

I think I will fill the other bottle with Vanilla water and see what happens!

Charlotte

Hi Dootsmom,

It's not a silly question at all.

What little Princes and Princesses you have in your house! They enjoyflavored water rather than plain old water. Well some people like alemon in their water and some don't. I guess your little one's like the'fancy water'. They're too funny.

As you know, they do drink more water when it gets warmer, but I wasthinking more towards summer and the hotter temperatures than now. Alsoin warmer weather, the water can evaporate more quickly or in higherelevations.

One of the symptoms of diabetes among rabbits is an increase in theirwater intake. Since it's happening to all your rabbits, I'd eliminatethat idea, but do take notice if you see one rabbit consuming more thanusual. Just a thought.

I think the little buggers are just enjoying the vanilla flavoring. Well, you know they won't get flystrike!

I know it's silly and you've already done it, but are you certain thatthe waterbottle without the the vanilla in it is functioning properly?

-Carolyn

Carolyn!! LOL!!!!

Oh course I checked to see if the spout is working!! :D
They ran out of Vanilla water during the night and drank from the plain water one!

It has been warm here lately. Even today the temp is 80 degrees! Guessthey are just drinking more. Believe me, I watch their water intake forsigns of diabetes! I check their noses, bottoms, poops, teeth, eyes,ears..everything! God forgive them if they are sleeping in a balled-upposition! Then they get a full "once over"!

Actually, it's only recently that I became aware of how much I checkthem! I do it automaticly, just didn't realize it. :shock:

I wasn't this bad with my kids! But then, my kids could tell me what was wrong with them, if there was.

Time to put Lucky in the yard!

Thanks, Charlotte

Didn't mean to insult you, Charlotte. That's why I said I know it'ssilly to ask because I'm sure you had checked the waterbottles.

Hope someone else can give you ideas. :)

-Carolyn

Sweetheart!!!

No insult taken! :shock: My goodness!!!!

I guess they are just drinking so much because it's been so warm! Theyare all shedding like crazy. I have fur in places that I didn't thinkfur could get into! I know that if I put the A/C's in the windows, itwill snow! :(

See you soon ;), (((((Huggs)))))

Charlotte

There was no doubt in my mind that my buns drinkmore vanilla flavored water;) thanwithout.:p I figure that's okay, becauseit shouldn]t do them any harm. I've been doing in for acouple of years now, during the spring/summer "fly" season, then revertto unflavored in the fall/winter.

Some people will add fruit juice or flavoredpedialite to their buns' water in an effort to get them to drink formedicinal purposes.

Buck

First Flavored Water.... Then What?

xo to you too, Charlotte.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back