Because only you guys will understand...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOoooooo :eek:
glad i don't have a couch in the bunny room! :eek:

Last edited:
Well, that's how we love them. My Black Fury started a tunnel, straight into the wall, after 2" of plaster bricks stopped her, turned all plinth into splinters - pvc and wood alike, and don't get me started about cables and power cords, almost succeeded twice to kill me that way...

Schwarze jung.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch. I sympathize whole-heartedly. Aki did that in my pillow once (now, it's hers), but I was lucky she didn't decide to burrow inside the mattress.
I don't know why, it's always when you think they forgot about things that they go like 'oh, I remember that thing that was soooo much fun"...

I'm lucky so far. None of them have destroyed anything by chewing, yet. But my Flemish girl likes to pick up her dog-sized water bowl in her mouth and flip it upside down. She follows that with flipping her pellet bowl upside down into the puddle. She got a water bottle as a present today. ;) Too bad they don't make bottles for pellets.

I'm lucky so far. None of them have destroyed anything by chewing, yet. But my Flemish girl likes to pick up her dog-sized water bowl in her mouth and flip it upside down. She follows that with flipping her pellet bowl upside down into the puddle. She got a water bottle as a present today. ;) Too bad they don't make bottles for pellets.

they have this:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+10382+25667&pcatid=25667

i was thinking about getting one for andy's water
(you'd have to put a lot of pellets in it for it to actually work for pellets)

they have this:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+10382+25667&pcatid=25667

i was thinking about getting one for andy's water
(you'd have to put a lot of pellets in it for it to actually work for pellets)

That's a good idea! But I'm not sure if she'd knock it over. She's a young bunny probably in her teenage stage (4 months old). She's very playful and binkies around her pen kicking up her heels. She likes to pick toys up and toss them around, or push them around and lift/toss them with her nose. I gave her a big plastic tub with a door opening cut in one side, as a place to hide. She shoves that around as well.

I was at Pet-Dumb yesterday, looking for crock style bowls that can be screwed to the side of the cage. They make them for parrots or ferrets, both are notorious for figuring out how to unhook anything that's hung on the side of the cage with wire hooks. Of course they didn't have anything, their shelves are always empty it seems. I'll check a couple of parrot supply websites and see what I can find.

I bought her a big 64 ounce water bottle. Found when I got it home that it's not the same kind as most bottles - it drips like crazy for about 5 minutes after you fill it. It makes almost as much mess as just giving her an open bowl of water, and I have to keep a bowl under it to catch the drips. I'll play with it for a couple of days and if it's still making a mess it goes back to the store.

yeeeees i used to have a bottle that dripped like CRAZY with the angoras, it was awful!:rollseyes

That's a good idea! But I'm not sure if she'd knock it over. She's a young bunny probably in her teenage stage (4 months old). She's very playful and binkies around her pen kicking up her heels. She likes to pick toys up and toss them around, or push them around and lift/toss them with her nose. I gave her a big plastic tub with a door opening cut in one side, as a place to hide. She shoves that around as well.

I was at Pet-Dumb yesterday, looking for crock style bowls that can be screwed to the side of the cage. They make them for parrots or ferrets, both are notorious for figuring out how to unhook anything that's hung on the side of the cage with wire hooks. Of course they didn't have anything, their shelves are always empty it seems. I'll check a couple of parrot supply websites and see what I can find.

I bought her a big 64 ounce water bottle. Found when I got it home that it's not the same kind as most bottles - it drips like crazy for about 5 minutes after you fill it. It makes almost as much mess as just giving her an open bowl of water, and I have to keep a bowl under it to catch the drips. I'll play with it for a couple of days and if it's still making a mess it goes back to the store.

You might find the attachable crock causes issues too as it will likely spill if the sides of the pen are bumped against, unless you can secure it to an unmovable wall.

Something that might work better is a pet waterer bowl/bottle combo, like Blackminirex mentioned. They also have auto feeders which you could use if your bun is still getting unlimited pellets, since she's still growing.

This is my favorite one as it has the water level in the bowl higher up. Some of them have such a low water level that the bun has to reach so far down into the bowl to drink, which I don't like. The one gallon would probably be a good size for your big bun, and wouldn't be too easy to knock over like smaller ones might.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/36127680...75035&wl11=online&wl12=36127680&wl13=&veh=sem
And the auto feeder.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Aspen-Do...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

This is the one I use now as I have dwarf bunnies and the bowl is lower and easier for them to drink from, but it probably wouldn't be as good for your big bun as it could easily get stepped in.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Van-Ness...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

There are several other different types. This one isn't bad but the water level in the dish is lower than I like.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EV7F2I/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

My least favorite is this type as it's too complicated to keep clean.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057LAH6O/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I prefer the water bowl/bottle combos over the drip bottles, as there is no dripping to worry about and you get the benefit of having a water bowl for better water consumption. Usually with drip bottles, water consumption isn't as good as water flow is slow, and hard for the bun to get enough water out. You also get the benefit of having a bottle with extra water supply that lasts a few days, over just a plain water crock, so not having to constantly refill.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might find the attachable crock causes issues too as it will likely spill if the sides of the pen are bumped against, unless you can secure it to an unmovable wall.

I prefer the water bowl/bottle combos over the drip bottles, as there is no dripping to worry about and you get the benefit of having a water bowl for better water consumption. Usually with drip bottles, water consumption isn't as good as water flow is slow, and hard for the bun to get enough water out. You also get the benefit of having a bottle with extra water supply that lasts a few days, over just a plain water crock, so not having to constantly refill.

Good catch re the attachable crock, I've only used them in a large parrot's cage before and didn't think about the pen being more likely to move and spill the contents. She can push the pen around a bit, as well. I had planned to put pellets in it, to keep her from spilling those. I think I'll just switch to a deeper bowl instead.

Re the water bowl/bottle - unfortunately she will spill even a small amount of water in a deep bowl. I put a dog bowl underneath her drip bottle, there was less than an inch of water in it and she still managed to spill it. She picks it up and flips it. The bottle she has is a big 64 ounce size and I can see she's drinking quite a bit out of it. As soon as I hung it in the cage she went right for it. I guess she's used to drinking from a bottle. If this one drips too much, I have similarly sized glass bottles that don't drip. I think the problem is the design of the spout. Here's the one I have right now:

http://www.petsmart.ca/small-pet/fo...-catid-600006?var_id=36-31866&_t=pfm=category

Latest posts

Back