Sherman's First Binky!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations BunnyMommy! :dude: What a happy little fella you've got there.

Isn't it funny to see a binky? Between binkies, bunny yawns, bunnykisses and the times where they let you cuddle up to them is probablygot me so addicted to rabbits.

I know exactly the excitement you feel. Believe it or not, I still haveit just to that extent til this day when I see Tucker do it. He binkiesevery night too, so you'd think I'd be used to it. Some rabbits seem todo it more than others, so don't compare Tucker to the rest.

I'm really thrilled you were there to experience the binky. Now thathe's 'out there' you'll probably see it more often. That's great he'sfeeling well enough to kick his heals up.

:D

-Carolyn

Hi Batbunny,

As taken from the website about the The Language of Lagamorphs.

The happiest rabbit expression is commonly called a "binky." It'simpossible to mistake for anything else, and the first time you see oneyou will probably wonder if the poor thing is having a convulsion. Whena rabbit binkies, it jumps into the air and twists its head and body inopposite directions (sometimes twice) before falling back to theground. This can be done while standing in one place, or while running,which is really weird looking, and is sometimes called the"happy bunny dance." A rabbit can even turn 180[suP]o[/suP] in midair.All this is a rabbit's way of telling you straight out that it is happyand overall pleased with you and its life. Some rabbits binky a lot andsome hardly at all, even if they are being treated well. Everyone hastheir own temperment.

runningbinky1_short.gif
[font="Arial, Helvetica"]Yipee!
[/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"] [/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"] 245Kmovie[/font]

A common variation, which you can easily do too, is the half-binky,also called a head flick or ear flick. Instead of twisting the wholebody, just the head is quickly turned sideways and back. This is stilla pretty impressive sight in a creature with ears longer than its head!A head flick can be performed while running, or when sitting in place.A head flick is similar in meaning to a shudder, but is a little moreplayful and silly. It differs in presentation from the "I'd rather not"ear wobble, because it's much faster and often includes a slightrearing up by lifting the front feet.

You can do a head flick too, by quickly dropping your head sideways andthen back up, with a bit of a twist. If you have long hair that getsflung, your rabbit is even more sure to get the message. Some happyrabbits will head flick back at you to show that they share yourhappiness. It's always nice to answer a head flick in kind.

If you want to go for the full binky, your rabbit will understand ifyou jump up a little in one place while doing a head flick. I recommendyou don't try to twist your body in mid-air like a rabbit will,especially if there is any furniture around, you have a history of backproblems, or are over 45 years old. Trust me on this one.

I'd have to say my Bun is the Queen Of Binkying!She's constantly taking off out of no where, jumping and twisting,kicking, hoppig on all fours, then she flops at the end, tne repeatsherself hah. So at least I know that she's a happy bun :)

That's socool! I love it when Umbra binkies! He usually doesit when he's running, but occasionally he'll do that thing where hejust jumps for no apparent reason while he's sitting on thefloor. That always cracks me up! I swear one timehe jumped up to about three and a half feet, and he'sjust asmall Holland Lop! For a while when he was ultra-obsessedwith digging, I didn't see a binky from him for about a half a week,but he's doing 'em again now. I knew he couldn't resist forlong. :p

--Melissa and Umbra

Megan digs in her cage.... I dunno why... she'snot gonna make any holes in plastic lol.... guess she thinksshe can.... Megan can't jump high, but she can jump far, like I saidshe flew almost 4 feet the other day :) She's a silly rabbit....

I dont know about Peppy... I don't get to see him all that often, buthe hasn't been out of his cage in 5 months....which is the sadest thingI've ever seen. Every time I go to see him he has no water orfood....he always seems happy to see me, I pick him up and cuddle him,but he likes to pee on me lol, so I don't keep him out for long.

Latest posts

Back