Spaying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rabbit is 1 year and about 4 months. Is there an age that you NEED to have them fixed by? Like maximum 3 tears or something?

The reason for spaying females (other than to make her eligible to bond with another rabbit) is to prevent uterine cancer. The chances are very high for females to get cancer by the age of 5 if left intact. Vets typically spay females when they are around 5-6 months of age. Rescues will spay older rabbits. If your intention is to prevent early death from cancer, then the sooner the better.

The reason for spaying females (other than to make her eligible to bond with another rabbit) is to prevent uterine cancer. The chances are very high for females to get cancer by the age of 5 if left intact. Vets typically spay females when they are around 5-6 months of age. Rescues will spay older rabbits. If your intention is to prevent early death from cancer, then the sooner the better.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I will get onto that ASAP![emoji235][emoji195]

Latest posts

Back