New to rabbit by finding them under my shed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazanma

Reaction score
A few months ago i noticed a mound of dirt on the side of my shed. Did not see anything, left the hole alone. few day later discovered a white rabbit with black markings and a brown rabbit with bands of black light tan and gray. They would approach then when i try to reach for them they would run off. I think that they may have been abandoned. So i kinda of adopted them set up a watering dish and food bowl. They seem content they do not try to leave. so here i am trying to learn as much about them.They have been in our back yard for 6 months now and i think there may be babies under the shed noticed dropping that are very small by the watering disk. My question is what do i do I understand that they can reproduce quickly I have tried to set up a live caputre trap but only trap the adults, they let me pick them up but they seem to be growling? there are stray cats in our neighborhood i am afraid that they been feeding on the small rabbits. any suggestions

Domestic rabbits 'released' in the wild by people won't do well for long, especially during the winter and with cats around. As you noted rabbits tend to reproduce quickly and to make a number on your garden. I would get the ones you can to get them out of there. if you are not willing to sterilize and keep them, maybe you could try to look for an association in your area who could help you trap the remaining bunnies and take them of your hands to forster and rehome them. If you live in the US, you could try to contact your local branch for the House rabbit society:
http://rabbit.org/

Latest posts

Back