central Mexico

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenitaJuarez

Reaction score
We moved to central Mexico 2 years ago. A few months ago we got a bunny kit, estimated at a few weeks old. I think she might be Chinchilla. She's black with occasional flecks of brown. Her name is Benita Juarez as we got her around the Benito Juarez holiday here.

She is the happiest, most curious and social girl ever, frequently charging our feet at Mach5 so we'll pet her. She lived inside with us for awhile until I about lost my mind with all the cleanup (we were fostering a puppy at the same time and so where to relieve oneself had mixed messages). She now lives outside in our courtyard and front yard, free to go wherever she wants at all times. We have the weather to allow that. She eats alfalfa hay, kitchen scraps, and whatever she wants from the yard. She gets tons of exercise just bopping around, so I feel okay about her eating primarily alfalfa hay longterm. She even climbs up our stairs a lot to hang out on terraces and ledges.

Hoping to find about 50 rabbit-edible plants/herbs to plunk in so she has plenty of healthy variety to free range, and so she stops eating the ornamentals. These things are harder to source here, and the translation doesn't always work well with plants. Not even sure if I can find plantain herb here.

Once we get a good set up of growing fodder, we want to breed her and see how that goes.

Latest posts

Back