Is this a good litter box?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the bunny as to whether or not that litter tray would work. None of mine can 'do' corner litter trays. I tend to find cat litter trays work well, and recently I have tried using underbed storage boxes and they work really well too.

It really depends on the size of your rabbit. My netherland dwarf always used one of those and did fine. I have a friend who uses that exact one for her to holland lops and loves it. It's a bit too small for my current rabbit.

I agree with the above people, a box like that would be fine for a smaller rabb it. I use to have a corner box for my dutch but when i got my mini lop who was almost twice the size of her i used a cat litter pan

Most rabbits like the corner boxes so they can back in and do their business.

But every rabbit is different when it comes to litter box sizes. My Holland Lop will pick the smallest box (food dish) that will fit her tush, but my Netherland Dwarf will take the largest box as her litter box.

I think I'll buy one of those and some of the little plastic square ones from Wal-Mart that are about $3 to see which ones he prefers. :)

Konotashi wrote:
I think I'll buy one of those and some of the little plastic square ones from Wal-Mart that are about $3 to see which ones he prefers. :)
I found that those were the best. Once my bunnies started to kick litter out of their box, I upgraded to the larger size with the "lip" that goes around the top. It keeps their poop and litter in the box pretty well.

I have one, and its great. I really like it because she lays in it all the time, so the poop falling through the grate is really nice, and its easy to clean.

I have mini Hollands and I used this on one of them. I thought it looked a little small for Zeus when he was on it. But I don't know if it really was. Are your buns going to be free range then?
Mine are. When I tried these smaller boxes, I found that they actually prefered their cage as the litter box.

Latest posts

Back