Smelly bunny room ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
I have my girl bunny on dumore show feed I clean her cage every 2 days but lately it really smells I treated the rugs and have had her in her cage a lot lately. It's a drop pan and I just re-move the pan and it has sawdust in it. I've been cleaning it more but it's really smelling in there.

What else can I do? Put her on a different feed ?

Does her cage have wood for the walls or under the rugs? wood can and will absorb everything. Maybe you could clean the wire mesh over the drop pan. Is she spayed?

fuzz16 wrote:
you could put baking powder on the pan beneath the bedding...will help a bit

What about if you have a litterbox instead of a pan? Can you still use the baking soda under the bedding or mixed in?

sephira wrote:
fuzz16 wrote:
you could put baking powder on the pan beneath the bedding...will help a bit

What about if you have a litterbox instead of a pan? Can you still use the baking soda under the bedding or mixed in?
i am pretty sure you can, i leave mine on the bottom of the litter pan, but my rabbits dont end the savings either. i dont know if baking soda would harm the rabbit if ingested, im sure small amounts would be ok

Try vanilla. You can spray some mixed with water in the bottom of her pan when you clean it out and add a TINY bit to the water. Sometimes it helps with the ammonia smell but who doesn't love the smell of vanilla anyhow? My buns are wierd and love it when I put it in the water... guess it tastes good to them.

I now use Carefresh bedding in my drop pans - this stuff is AMAZING! No urine smell at all. It is expensive but I love this stuff!

Denise

Latest posts

Back