Ear Infection treatment help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraftingC0D

Reaction score
So I went to the vet today for my rabbit. I found out he didn't have ear mites, but did have a bad case of an ear infection deep inside his ears. He prescribed me a medicine, one, where I would have to put the medication in a cotton ball or swam and dig in the ear putting it on the infection area.

The problem is my rabbit struggles and seems to pain him. He doesn't like being touched in his ears, so I can't really do anything. The vet tried himself, he struggled as well. I don't know if I can do much, also he gave me another medication just ear drops, and that is also hard to put in his ears. Before I get to squeeze a drop in, he would run away and move his ears.

Any suggestion and helpful tips would be nice!

Thankssss!

I would not dare to stick anything in my rabbit's ear because you can't see where it's going and could hurt bunny. I had to instil drops into my rabbit's ear due to infection and had no issues. You may need someone to hold bunny wrapped in a towel while you put in the drops. Then gently (gently!) massage the base of the ear to get the medication where it needs to go. Honestly, try to avoid sticking anything down there if possible.

I would not dare to stick anything in my rabbit's ear because you can't see where it's going and could hurt bunny. I had to instil drops into my rabbit's ear due to infection and had no issues. You may need someone to hold bunny wrapped in a towel while you put in the drops. Then gently (gently!) massage the base of the ear to get the medication where it needs to go. Honestly, try to avoid sticking anything down there if possible.

I try to wrap him around a towel, but he fights through it. I can't even put ear drops in his ears, cause he keeps moving them. And it's hard to see if it actually went inside his ears or not. :/

You will need to get someone to help you. You need to get the drops in his ear. Our rabbits hated it, but you have to do it. So, figure out how to properly wrap your rabbit in a towel. I'm sure there are videos or something online to show you how. Once you get him wrapped in a towel, what we do is we put the drops in and then hold a tissue or cotton ball at the opening of his ear - do not put it inside the ear, just hold it in front in case he shakes his head. What we try to do is let our bunny eat a bite of a favorite snack while we are letting the drops work down. Then he gets another bite after we do the other side. I hope you figure it all out.

Latest posts

Back