Bar bitting//activation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rave

Reaction score
So Melody and Note needs to be seperated for the time being, as Note is a bit to hormonal. The problem is, that one is living in a cage,something none of them like. For 2 days that someone was Note as he was the trubblemaker. But he bit the bars so hard that hes theetes looks pretty bad.... (vet took a look, it will get back to normal) so I placed Melody in the cage, she hasnt beein in one since last summer when she was spayed, so she isnt happy. Due to the rabbit room being the only rabbit safe room and that I cant take her out for any long periods of time due to some nasty kids going at her, shes pretty much stuck in that cage fir the time being.
Melody dosnt bite the bars, and I try to do a lot of training for mental stimulation and take her out for atleast an hour, but she is boooreeeddd, and I need help to acctivate her, and some on how to get Note to stop the barbiting! He normally dosnt have any bars to bite, but he does do it when he is in the outside run as well. I dont think its linked to boredom ether, as he can do it even if the cage door is open :/

I dont think Note barbites out of boredom. When the door to the cage is open, he still does it, and in his run outside he will one second be doing binkies, and then next bite at the bars.
It seems like a bad habbit he cant get rid of :/

Melody though, yea, shes bored!

Keeping rabbits separated is hard. You say that you separated them because Note was too hormonal. Is he neutered? If not, you need to do it or you'll never be able to put your rabbits together... Having your rabbits together and leaving free in the room you've secured seems like the best way to resolve your problem...

He was a baby when I bonded them, so thats why, he is a verry small guy, and isnt really growing, whereby Ive been putting the operation off. But he is getting fixed next week! :)

I see, well it might just sort your problem out. It's very probable that when he's fixed, with his mate and a normal living space they will both behave normally. So, we'll have to see in a few weeks. If the bar biting thing continue after that, then it will be time to try new things but for now it's not really surprising considering the situation. Rabbits are really easy to stress out...

Latest posts

Back