Anyone have 2 bonded females?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwiley

Reaction score
We adopted Poppy, a 3 year old Mini Lop a week ago and will be bringing home Lola, a 1.5 year old Mini Lop in 2 weeks. Both girls will be spayed (Poppy already is). I keep reading that it's difficult to bond 2 females but I'm hoping it will be possible for us. Anyone have tips?

Well two spayed females will defiantly be easier but yes it can be tricky to bound two rabbits but I did it with my two girls who were not spayed and it went over pretty good, I'd suggest that you have a second cage in case it dosent go over well and be sure to do it on neutral ground.

You'll find a lot of tips on this forum and on websites like the House rabbit society if you make a quick search. It's true that a female pair is supposedly harder to bond than a male / female one, but it mainly depends on the rabbits' character. You can't tell before trying - if you're lucky, one of them is submissive enough and will let the other be the boss without much of a fight. The problem occurs when they both want to be top rabbit...

I feel like I've read every article written on the internet about rabbit bonding, haha! I haven't seen much about female/female bonding though, so I was looking for personal experiences.

Latest posts

Back