Oops on the food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banana

Reaction score
So since I just found a bunny and didnt know much about what is the correct thing to feed them, I went to my most trusted store (An Jans, a barn/feed store) and met these people shopping there who also had rabbits. Long story short they recommended me a 25lb of $15 "Muesli-style food" (that I now know is probably the worst thing I could give my bun, sigh) so now I have a poop-load of food thats not good for my rabbit!

I've attached a pic of the ingredients (so you could see whats in there, I shouldve looked before hand because cat food???) and also a pic of the mix. Should I pick out everything except for the thick pellets (probably the alfalfa hay pellets) and the thin pellets (probably the rabbit pellets)? I'll still feed the food until it runs out and I can buy some oxbow, but i'll do my best to pick out everything thats not good for my bun.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

The extruded bird and cat food seem like very random ingredients. The trouble is, there's ingredients in those ingredients!

Unfortunately yes, it's definitely the worst thing you could have bought. If you can, I would definitely try to pick out everything but the pellets. It will be a lot of work, but better for your rabbit in the long run.

Latest posts

Back