What color is my mini rex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aabernathy319

Reaction score
I'm getting this mini rex in 2 weeks. Wondering what color he is....breeders think think he is chinchilla but aren't sure so I just want to check.:runningrabbit: Tia

FB_IMG_1463851390889.jpg

FB_IMG_1463975781975.jpg

FB_IMG_1463869220638.jpg

Yep, I third (?) that : chinchilla without a doubt, but what kind of 'breeder' doesn't know how to recognize a basic colour? (that is also pretty telling regarding the fact that the breeding wasn't well-thought out - a breeder should pair rabbits because they want to obtain certain characteristics and thus know beforehand the probable outcome of the breeding). I'm not very fond of the wire mesh on the bottom of the cage either - it hurts the rabbit's paws in the long term, it's what the industry of meat rabbits use.
So, the rabbit's cute and all but just... make sure to take a very good look at all the rabbits there to check they are healthy, no parasits, no scabies, no sad/hunched looking bunnies before taking the rabbit home. It can't hurt to be cautious when you're dealing with a backyard breeder.
I'm not knowledgeable enough regarding mini rex to talk about the quality of the rabbit in terms of showing... If you're not planning on showing or breeding, it doesn't matter much anyway.

Below is my mini-rex chin. He has a pedigree. Notice his fur is smooth and velvety. Yours is a bit shaggy, but that could be for many reasons, ie, he's a baby, he's in shed, etc. He looks a bit snub nosed for a rex. I can't see his nails. Are they that well trimmed or have they not grown in yet?
The second pic is of the distinguishing chin factor; if you blow on his fur you should see a telltale bullseye with grey and white.

jezzer1.png

ring.jpg

Latest posts

Back