2 does have just given birth & are using the same nest.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagomorphic

Reaction score
What do I need to do?

If I have to separate the litters how do I go about making sure the right doe has her litter?

Or can I leave them as they are?

Thanks

If you need/want to keep track of which kits go with which doe then separate them using part of the existing nest to build a new one.

There is only 1 or 2 days between each litter so it is almost impossible to know which kids belong to which doe.

Can someone tell me if the kids are in danger if I keep the 2 litters in the same nest. Will both does tolerate the others litter?

If the two does get a long with each other and are bonded, then I would think there shouldn't be any problems with the two litters being together. If they are both feeding them then that means they have accepted all the babies as their own. They won't be able to distinguish who's babies are who's as both mother's scents will be on all of the babies in the nest. The only thing is if there are a lot of babies, then you will want to keep an eye on them to make sure all are getting a chance to nurse and have a full belly each day.

If the two does get a long with each other and are bonded, then I would think there shouldn't be any problems with the two litters being together. If they are both feeding them then that means they have accepted all the babies as their own. They won't be able to distinguish who's babies are who's as both mother's scents will be on all of the babies in the nest. The only thing is if there are a lot of babies, then you will want to keep an eye on them to make sure all are getting a chance to nurse and have a full belly each day.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back