FooFoo's behavior is concerning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for clarification, I have known for a long time they are induced ovulators. When saying "in heat", I was referring to "being hormonal"

If I would like to see if my another female has any cancer already, What procedures do I need? X-ray?

FooFoo's father died when he was only 3yo, suddenly, and he didn;t show any signs of illness at all. He was eating OK till his death. I just found him dead, and he was bleeding from his nose. Thumperina is her mother.

FooFoo wasn't overweight. What was strange while she was alive, is that her fur looked as if she got wet from the top and then it dried... I don't know how to explain better. She looked almost identical to her mother, Thumperina. Thumperina has a sleek, smooth fur, while FooFoo's fur was the way I described. I always thought FooFoo was my healthiest rabbit. She had great appetite, and she was very quick to move.

Thinking over about events preceding her death, I don't know if it was seizures. Probably not. I can say for sure she did have rear limbs failure. One of the vets, the one that seen all 3 my rabbits just 2 months ago, told me that "rabbits are prey so they don't tolerate pain too well. When they think it's too bad, they just prefer to die" (is this true? can they order their body to die???) I now think that this is what it looked like. FooFoo got very scared that her legs were not working, then she rolled to her back probably trying to find a way out, a better position, or just instinctively, and died almost instantly. She probably didn't have seizures

It could still have been seizures- they are common with sepsis, and it's often what actually kills a septic animal. So I wouldn't completely discount it. Regardless, I am so sorry you had to go through all of this.

Unfortunately it's impossible to see if your other female has cancer- cancer starts as a single cell and is impossible to detect early. However, if you are worried about it, you can get her spayed and (hopefully) remove that cell before it can metastasize.

Latest posts

Back