IN Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
The followingis the House Rabbit Society link for Rabbit Veterinarians in Indiana:

http://www.indianahrs.org/Links/veterinarians.asp

Thislink isfor an old, but excellent list (courtesy of Petbunny mailing list subscribers). Please post any known updates in this thread.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/Vet_IN.html

With the permission of the Petbunny moderator, we have reposted those Petbunny Listings here:
  1. [font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]
  2. Dr. Angela Lennox
    Avian & Exotic Animal Clinic
    9330 Waldemar Rd.
    Indianapolis, IN 46268
    (317) 879-8633
    Recommended by: Brian Mitchell
    Comments: She has taken exceptional care of my birds, bunny, & guinea pigs and ferrets for many years. She allows clients to observe surgeries (so you can be there when your animal wakes up and to update you on their progress throughout the procedure.) She & her staff are available 24/7 to handle all emergency care. I have never met a more caring, devoted professional.
    Submitted: 3/99
    Need directions?
  3. Dr. Lawrence McAfee
    2511 LaPorte Ave.
    Valparaiso, IN
    (219) 462-5901
    Recommended by: Evelyn Allen
    Comments: He is absolutely fantastic with rabbits.
    Submitted: 9/00
    Need directions?
  4. All Wild Things Exotic Animal Hospital
    Dr. Beth Ann Breitweiser, D.V.M.
    6058 N. Keystone Avenue
    Indianapolis,IN 46220
    (317) 255-WILD(9453)
    Recommended by: Rachel Babb
    Comments: Dr. Breitweiser treats a wide variety of animal. Essentially everything except cats and dogs. I have seen skunks, a bobcat,a cougar as well as more common exotics. She has even worked at the Indianapolis Zoo! She attends all the avian conferences she can. I have had many of my guinea pigs and my ****atiel treated by her. I will continue to take all of my small animals to her. She is especially sensitive when it comes time to put an animal or when one dies. For me she even suggested pet cemetaries and crematories she trusted. She is just an all around caring person (and she always tries to keep prices as low as possible.)
    Submitted: 8/01
    Need directions?
    [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][/font][/size]
And, the followinglist is from the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians: (Please be sure that vets on this listtreat rabbits and not just birds or reptiles).

Again, please post any additions, commentsor updates in this thread.

Thanks!

Indiana

Amy Bauer, DVM
Roseland Animal Hospital
1315 E. LaSalle Avenue
South Bend, IN 46617
Phone: 574-234-6305
Fax: 574-272-0629
Email: [email protected]

Andrea Carlson, DVM
Southlake Animal Hospital
3570 E. Lincoln Highway
Merriville, IN 46414
Phone: 219-942-0909

Jeffrey Mills, DVM
PO Box 144
Ramsey, IN 47166
Phone: 812-347-2748
Email:[email protected]

Janice Raab, DVM
East Side Animal Hospital
4125 East Morgan Avenue
Evansville, IN 47715
Phone: 812-477-3826
Fax: 812-477-9955
Email:[email protected]

Scott Thompson, DVM
East Side Animal Hospital
4125 E. Morgan Avenue
Evansville, IN 47715
Phone: 812-477-3826

Here is a great bun savy ve t:D, for anyone in the Elkhart/South Bend/Goshen area.

Dr. T.W. McNeil
[font="geneva,arial,helvetica"][size="-1"] Animal Care Clinic North
516 County Road 6 East, Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 264-9521[/size][/font]

Dr. Angela Lennox is awesome!! She takes care of our gecko, boa, birds, bunny, and guinea pig, and she's so sweet, caring, and knowledgeable. The whole staff there is great, and its not too expensive either. She's very good about answering any questions, too.

Dr. James Brester, DVM
Bean Blossom Animal Clinic
4915 State Road 135 S
Nashville, IN 47448
(812) 988-7922
http://beanblossomanimalclinic.com/

This man is very good with all of my rabbits and VERY affordable. The wait time is normally 2 hours but It's worth it. He doesn't even charge an exam fee. He also cleaned my rabbits wounds, shot of penicillin, some oral antibiotics, and some anti-bacterial cleaning liquid for the wound. Total cost=$15. He was so sad about her situation and showed compassion when he gave her a shot. He petted her and then gave her a little kiss on the head. He's a really good vet. Highly recommended.

[font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]Dr. Lawrence McAfee
2511 LaPorte Ave.
Valparaiso, IN
(219) 462-5901

TAKE YOUR SICK RABBITS HERE!

I went to a vet on a respected rabbit sites list. They did not test or treat my rabbits properly. One of the rabbits died by the time I found a good vet who treated them right. Dr. McAfee ran the proper tests, and prescribed more helpful medicine. I have 4 other rabbits we are trying to save, whose lives are in danger from a lack of proper diagnosis and treatment for the dead bunny. If you live in the northwest Indiana area and your bunny is sick, take it to Dr. McAfee. It's a little bit of a drive for me, but its worth it to know my rabbits are being treated correctly. It can literally save your bunny's life.
[/size][/font][/size][/font]

Dr. Brian Mehringer
Avon Veterinary Clinic
7253 E US Hwy 36Avon, IN 46123
317-272-8706
www.animalcaregroupllc.com/avon

Wonderful vet. I took my sunny in to get his teeth fixed and nails trimmed. He charged us only 12 $ to fix his teeth and didn't charge for the nails. The initial physical exam was around 40ish $. And took less than 10 minutes!

Latest posts

Back