Does Rabbit Sleep?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apple

Reaction score

Hello, I hope someone can answer my queries.

(1) Do rabbits sleep?

(2) Do rabbit shut their eyes?

(3) Wat type of comb and powder to use for grooming?

(4) how to bath them?

(5) How to let my rabbit be familar with me?

Thanks Everyone who care for me...

Christine

Hi and welcome! I think I can answer a couple ofyour questions. Yes buns do sleep, we just never catch them doing it.In the whole year I have had my little girl I have only seen her asleepone time! As for bathing them, they really don't ever need a bath.Rabbits are very clean animals. On occasion you might notice their buttis a little dirty. If this is the case, use a warm washcloth and mildsoap to help clean it up. If you really have to bath your rabbit, usewarm water and a shampoo that is very mild. Make sure you dry therabbit well and keep it warm.

To bond with your bunny the best way I have found is to sit on thefloor with them and just let them do their thing. Sooner or later theywill become curious about you and will sniff you. Talk to it like it isa baby. High pitch is good. Eventually your rabbit will learn you arenot a threat and may want some grooming. They will stretch out theirnecks and lay on the floor with their butts in the air. This means "Ineed some good loving. An excellent website on bunny behavior is calledThe Language of Lagamorphs. Very good information available.

Good luck with your new bun and I hope this answers some of your questions.

Fergi's Mom

P.S. here is the link to the website mentioned above http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

1. Yes rabbits sleep. They are not nocturnal butthey sleep during the day too. Rabbits are crepuscular, which meansthey are active during the dawn and dusk hours.

2. Yes rabbits shut their eyes.

3. To groom during the periods they are shedding I use a "cat slicker"brush, it has bent bristles to get out the shed hair efficiently. Ifyou just want a brush that your bunny will really enjoy and increasethe bonding process, a soft bristled one is most enjoyable for them,but cat slicker brushes work wonders in removing hair more then thesoft bristle ones. As for the powders, I have no clue.

4. To bath them you can put them in a bath tub with a little bit ofwater, or a sink, or fill the bottom portion of the shower with waterand them that prevents them from being able to jump out. I would notsuggest bathing them if they don't like it! Rabbits are apt to freakout and very likely to cause damage to you or themselves. Rabbits needthe oils that they have and it's better not to bath them more thentwice a year as it is and it must always be dry before putting in acool place. Rabbits are naturally clean animals and don't need bathing,if their but gets dirty, simply wipe it with a wash cloth.

5. Rabbits bond best when you just sit and wait for them to come toyou, then you can pet them and allow for them to choose to come to you,if your bunny already does this, spend time brushing or pettinghim/her. Don't rush your rabbit and force it to spend time with you,instead allow it to choose to be around you, you can't force them to doanything! They will eventually find that if they come to you, they willget pats and they love attention.

Laura

Latest posts

Back