Change In Behavior?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
Zoie is comming up to 6 months, and ready to be spayed. Just recently she started digging like crazy. She has a pee box and she digs like shes going to the other side of the world. She throws everything out of it. This is really annoying. Is this because she is getting closer to needed to be spayed? Shes always been really clean and calm and now shes hyper and different. Any ideas on how to stop the digging, or what is going on?

It DEFINITELY sounds like a case of hormones to me, particularly because (a) she's never done it before, and combined with (b) the fact that now that she's doing it, she's nearing the six month mark in age...when most buns' hormones start raging.

So, don't worry...if you get her spayed soon, she might just stop doing it with the loss of the hormones she's now experiencing.

Also, if you're having a problem with her moving around and/or dumping her litterbox, you can always buy some binder clips and clip it to her cage. :) Another thing we do, is get a clasp and clip the binder clip to the box, and put the clasp on one of the binder clip's arms. Does that make sense? We only do that if the litterbox doesn't meet the height just right of one of the bars, though. :)

Hope that helps! :)

OH! One other thing you can try...putting hay on top of her litter, so the litter isn't as accessable. :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

Okay thank you so much. Its really stressful. My husband and I feel like we have a teenager haha. :)

Oh yes, you certainly do, too. Hehe!!

I know just what you mean, too...try having THREE teenagers! Hehe!! (Since Trixie's spayed, she's no longer a teen, hehe!)

I just love spunkiness, though! :)

Latest posts

Back