Digging Box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
A bit of an odd question, but i have seen tha quite a few people have digging boxes for their rabbits- are these a good idea? Do rabbits need digging boxes? Are they lots of fun for them?
If so then how would I make one (or buy one)?

Jenny, Ben :apollo: and Pip:dutch

My rabbits love their digging box, I just use a big plastic storage container, fill it with kids sand and put it in their run. They can be a bit messy with it though :p

But no, they don't need it, it's just fun and keeps them active.

Another option, if you don't fancy the idea of a room or garden covered in sand, is a phone book, Pebble and Ebony have a phone book in their house and it provides hours of entertainment for them. :)

Phone book- sounds like a good idea lol! Will try that.

This kids sand thing- does it have to be any special sort or just bog standard play sand?

Any play sand is fine - nice and cheap ;). I didn't have to actually buy anything, I already had the box and I just stole some of my little brothers sand. :biggrin2:

You don't need one but buns love it and it helps wear their nails down too.;)It also doesn't cost anything, for my buns I use old plant pots, and old bin and my cat's old litter tray, fill them with mud from the garden and let the buns dig away!:biggrin2:

I use cat litter trays and fill them with dirt from the greenhouse (so not treated and nothing could have leached into it) and my buns love it, girls and boys alike. It's their favourite thing, definitely.

Wow- I never knew that. I never even knew that rabbits could have digging boxes lol!
I might have to give that a try you know, cos it does sound like they'd have great fun. Although I might have to wait until they are bonded cos giving them it seperately would just mean so much more sand and mud to clean up off the patio lol!!!

Thanks guys :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back