change in behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
Hey Guys, so Layla just got spayed on June 26, which wasn't too long ago, but I've noticed a lot of change in her personality. She is a lot more relaxed and layed back, however I can barely convince her to come out of her cage. She comes out morning and night, but only wants out for like 20minutes tops each time, then she goes and lays back in her cage. I give her at least an hour out of her cage in the mornings and then at night its unlimited from 5-on, but she'll sit in her cage regardless if the door is open or not. When she does come out she hardly shows any signs of loving, she nudges me w/ her nose but its almost like she nips me telling me to get out of her way, which is completely different from how she used to act (she'd run circles around me)

Basically I was just wondering if this is common, or if she'll go back to her old self. I mean this new self doesn't bother me, its just different, like I'M begging HER to come out! haha. oh and she's stopped eating her veggies too, barely touches them, even her favorite like cilantro. but she'll devour any fruit I give her.

thanks thanks thanks!!!:bunnydance:

It sounds pretty normal. They usually get more calm and laid back after a spay. The running around in circles can be a sign of sexual frustration, so she probably won't do that again. They can also be a bit shy after surgery, hopefully given some time and encouragement you can make her enjoy coming out a bit more!

Latest posts

Back