Question on dogs and bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
I know that you are never supposed to leave yourdog and bunny unattended but what if they do have the greatestfriendship in the world? My bunny Fergi is infatuated with my AmericanPitbull Terrier Jedi, she dances around his legs and licks him and hereturns the favor. When he lays down she snuggles right up with him.When I partion off the kitchen for the bunny he stays in there thewhole time practically, unless the children are eating, then he waitsfor the kids to drop the food! Also he is a big help with the mistakesthat Fergi makes when she has an accident on the floor. He eats hermistakes. Gross I know but very nice for me. Sometimes I think shepoops extra just for him. He is like a dust buster. Very handy! So justwondering if I need to keep him out of the kitchen when the bunny is inthere for free time.

Thanks for any input

Fergi and baby bunnies mom:)

Hi Fergi,

It sounds like they are the best of friends. I'd be careful to be surethat the rabbit doesn't annoy the pitbull by being so in love with himthat it's a nuisance, but I don't see a need to keep them separatedsince they're bonded. The pitbull would've had the rabbit for lunch bynow if he didn't like her. Still, watch out for moods.

I have one friend who's rabbit chases the dog all the time. The rabbit is definitely Boss.

Geez, I'm thinkin I should get a dog. It would save me a lot of cleanup if he ate Tucker's "chocolate chips". ;)

-Carolyn

Yes they certainly are bonded:)If Jedigets annoyed by Fergi he just goes under the dining room table and forsome reason Fergi never goes under there. I guess she knows that is thedogs "time out" place. Thanks alot for responding. I am glad to hearthat they can be friends. It is so handy that he cleans up after her.Makes my day a lot easier! Also I don't mind letting her have the runof the house if there is no mess for me:)

Fergi's mom

*laughs*

No doubt, Fergi! That's an awesome setup you've got there. A pitbull and a rabbit, who would've figured!

-Carolyn

This world is backwards. lol, the neighbors dog is terrified of my rabbits. And my sisters dog is easily bossed around by Mocha!

I wish I had a "vaccuum" for when I bring them in the house. ;)

i have a yorkie (sidney)thatlives at my moms. when she comes to visit, batman chases her arounduntill finally sid gives up & lets him curl up next to her& chew her hair. its the funniest thing. sidney has never evengrowled at him. i would never leave them alone, but its so funny towatch them together. i think that sid thinks hes a puppy-she sniffs hisbutt! the strangest thing about it though, is that sidney is 9 yearsold & batman isnt even a year! the key to bunnies getting alongwith other pets is supposed to be that theyre introduced at a young agebut for some reason that doesnt affect how they get along. (notto say that other buns and dogs/cats would be as successful.)

Latest posts

Back