hello and help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollypeg

Reaction score
hello bunny lovers can anyone help,my friend srabbit had six babies they are three weeks old eating and drinking butsadly the mum has died .i have got one of the babies i have put it in aindoor cage. but am worried about what to feed it .or if it still needsmilk,its very lively ,and has stolen my heart .i have two rabbitsmyself .but they are males and huge any advice would be gratefullyrecived thankyou from dollypeg

Welcome Dollypeg,

You can feed the little ones a good rabbit pellet such as Heinold,Nutreena, Purina, or Blue Seal to name a few. Give them as many pelletsas they wish. They need it for their growing bodies. You could givethem some oats as well, but only a small bit. I'd give them unlimitedamounts of Timothy Hay because as babies, the extra fiber's good forthem.

I wouldn't give greens at all until a few months old, and even then in rations. It could cause diarrhea.

Make sure they always have fresh water--that's most important.

The mother starts weaning their babies usually between 4-5 weeks, soyou're little ones will be fine. Just give them extra love, attention,keep them snug and warm, and no treats.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

-Carolyn

thankyou so much i will get some pelletts i onlyhave one of the babies its so cute .i never slept lastnight was soworried its only three weeks old so i dont need to buy any milksupplement do i dollypeg

Hi Dollypeg

What a lucky bunny! You're losing sleep making sure the little one isokay. He'll always see you as his Mom. As far back as his little memorywill take him, you're his true mom.

Nope, you don't have to get a milk supplement at this time. :) The little one's old enough to be on big bunny food.

When I first got Tucker, I can't tell you how many times I'd get up in the middle of the night to check on him.

-Carolyn

i know ive got him some some excel baby bunnypellets and some fluffy bedding and called him bramble.thanks ever somuch for your helpful advice.i will post a photo of bramble later

Hi Dollypeg,

Babies tend to need a bit more protein...16%. Good adult rabbit pellets are 14-20%.

Yes, do post a picture of Bramble when you can. :) Cool name!

-Carolyn

Dollypeg, your hardwork(loss of sleep) had paidoff. Hope that all your bunnies are healthy and obedient!I will bewaiting for your pic too!:D

thankyou so much .what a cute bunny brambles is .across between a lionhead and english lop.last night it was sucking myjumper and so content very alert.i also have a french lop calledwoody.who is huge and a german lop called parsley.

Hi Dollypeg,

If you have a picture of your little beauties, at the bottom of asending a post, you'll see "Attachment". Go to the Browsesquare and find the location in which your picture is stored, and sendit.

Look forward to seeing your long-earred family.

:)

-Carolyn

my%20pictures
brambles05
cantdo it found the photo right clicked and nothing

I agree with the others, feedthem pellets and make sure a fresh water supply is available. Aslong asthey eat and drink the right foods they will grow to be lovely adultrabbits. Good Luck! ;)

Dollypeg,

Not sure you should right click, just double-click when you do find the photo and the address should appear in the Browse box.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back