Cutest thing ever!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Here's alittle story that happened to me today.

I came home at lunch, went outside to pet my brats and check on them,and realised how late it was and had to run, not latching Mocha's cageproperly (Bad me I know!). Now let me explain, due to allergies in myhouse, I keep the coat I handle the rabbits with outside in an upsidedown bucket to prevent mice from getting in and it fromgetting soaking and us allergy sufferers from have reactions to thehair in the house. So I come home after school today, and who all I seeis this little nose sticking out of my coat (Mocha must have tipped thebucket over) and I thought it wa a mouse and realised it wasn't a mousenose, but instead, it was Mocha, sound asleep in all snuggled in mycoat. Not wanting to wake him up and risk him running away and out ofmy yard, I decided against getting the camera and instead, picked upthe bucket as if not to disturb him and put him inside my house (whatmy parents don't know, won't kill them ;)). Then I went to check toensure that Spice's cage had been closed right and it had, by the timeI came back in, Mocha was up and running around my house and it was toolate to get a picture, unfortunately :(. And then it took me a whilechasing him around my house to catch him. But him all wrapped up inthat coat in the bucket is priceless, wish I would carry a camera withme all the time!

It's amazing that he never ran away, he's alwayslooking to run from our yard, yet Spice does the same, he does on thedeck, not out of our yard which I'm thankful for!

No Surprise to Me, M&SMom,

Mocha knows where the Love is!! He may want his freedom, but he lovesloves loves you and his life with Spice. He may be Trouble, but heknows a good thing when he's got it!

That is the Cutest, just as you said. What a big baby. That nose! Thatnose on him!! It's so darned cute. Snuggled into your coat?!Ohhhhhh...And then you: breaking the rules and bringing him in thehouse. (Now I know where your parents get it from!) *laughs* Sure hopeyou got all those 'cocoa puffs' up! I know exactly what you mean aboutthe camera. I go through that a lot myself.

If there's any way you can get to an allergist, I'd strongly recommend it. Perhaps you could ask your parents?

I, too, am allergic to my little guy and his timothy hay. I takeallergy shots, and not sure I recommend them because they've yet togive me relief and I'm at my 6 month mark. Regardless of that though,it's good to know what you are allergic to and you can get aperscription that will relief you of all that inability to breathe andall the other misery that comes along with allergies. I hope you canget some help.

-Carolyn

lol, my allergies aren't that bad, onlyifI rub my eyes does it get bad. I'm allergic to the hay too,but only if it pricks me, yet some how I ALWAYS end up liking theanimals that need it, lol like for instance, feeding hay to horses, Isat on bales in shorts and ended up with hives all over but it wasn'tso bad for something you love! And feeding my bunnies isn't so bad,that little bit! Can't wait until it gets warm to give them baths andget rid of all that hair so it's not bad at all.

Thanks Carolyn, you're so sweet, lol Mocha just wants the treats.;)And what was I supposed to do:p leave him thereand check Spice and let him get away, or not check Spice and end upthat he did get loose too, :plol that's my explanation ifanyone askes. I think Mocha just was pretending to sleeptoget put inside, I wasn't about to put him away withoutchecking to make sure he was alright. And I learnt from my parents notvice versa. :p

Laura

*laughs*

You did indeed learn from your parents and not vice versa. ;) A lot ofyoung adults your age would like to think otherwise. You're very Wisefor your years, Ms. M&SMom. You learn fast.

Not sure that baths for bunnies is a good idea. They have a need forthe oils on their skin/fur. Besides, baths are very stressful forrabbits and they could easily get injured by trying to escape. Ibelieve it's most recommended not to give your bunny a bath unlessthey're unable to clean themselves and its best to spot clean in such acase.

Although, I was talking to a girl once who's rabbit loved the bath, so as usual, there are exceptions to the rule.

-Carolyn

Indeed I would never give them a bath if theyfreaked out, and all I do is pour water on them to remove the hair, noshampoos, and I only do it once a year. My boys LOVE water, I put adish out and they jump right in. I just assumed all rabbits liked water:?shows how much I know! Just guess it was chance to get 2that both love it!

Latest posts

Back