Please help me with my bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavy33

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all I must say that this isan awesome forum. Ok, now on with my problem. Ihave a 5 month old mini rex (whose name is cookie by the way) whoabsolutely loves to jump and play and run around my room all the time,however, she makes an absolutely horrible disaster everytime!Even though I always put out a litter box she pees and poops all overmy bed which is very low to the ground and I always put the litter boxright where she went before, but she simply moves over a bit and peessomewhere else on the bed. She seems to be so attracted to mybed it's unbelievable! And I mean like the second I let herout she runs to my bed, backs up to the wall and pees. Plusshe poops so much all over the floorthat it's a messtooafter only like an hour. She is now in a biggercage that was built for her but I know I can't keep her in there 24/7,but I'm so incredibly reluctant to let her out because of how muchhavoc she reaks lol! What should I do!? I reallyneed some help! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cavy :shock:

Well i can see that Cookie is very attractive toyour bed, and i think that she thinks your bed is a place to go to thebathroom. My 2 month year old bunny Emmy always does that sometimes..but on the floor. But to train her not to poop on the floor, let hersee you with a kleenex, and putting it in your liter box.. i reallyhope this helps.. i heard it from some1 else when i habd this sameproblem.. :)

Hmmm, I agree thatit does seem that your bun assumes your bed is its bathroom, simplesolution really is to keep the little fella off your bed and restrictedto an area easily cleaned until you are sure he knows where he SHOULDbe going ;)

Here Here Aradon! And to add to it~Cookie issimply marking your bed as HER bed by doing this, it really doesntmatter if your bed was low to the ground or not. Is she spayed? Goingwith everyone's advice on the spaying issue, it should cut down on theamount of non box incidents (although an occasional flying raisin maybe seen) Plus do you have another pet that has access to your bed? (shecould be trying to cover up the other pets scent with her own..)

Another great piece of advice that was giving to me when I wasgoing nutswith all the markings my girls were doing was to REALLY limit the spacethey are allowed in for awhile (like Aradon said too) maybe a laundryroom or smaller room you can spend time with her in? I know, that in mycase, my girls sometimes get a little errrrrrrr....forgetfull abouttheir box and when that happens their playtime is cut down and so isthe space........HOW quickly they remember for the next time they areout!

Lastly, a rewardgiven toCookie when sheDOES use her box can encourage her to do it on a regular basis (butjust be forewarned if you use yogurt drops as rewards be prepared tomake a lifetime investment in thecompany )

Best of luck to thee!

Cher

One way to limitthe bun's space (like Cher said) and still stay in your room, is to geta small rabbit run--play area.

The wire grids everyone has talked aboutfor making cages would make a great run, attached together and twogrids high. Commercial pet runs can be purchased as well.

Minda

Latest posts

Back