Which Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrots

Reaction score
Hi, i am new to the site. i have two rabbits as itis 1 black & white dutch and 1 black lop and i am thinking ofgetting another tommorrow, if my pet shop has one. I have quite acollection of animals, 2 rabbits, 2 cats, 1 bird and 1 hamster. Theseare my questions on me purchising another rabbit, please reply withadvice. ;)

1. I would like this rabbit to live indoors as my other live outdoorsand my dutch rabbit had to have its eye removed as he gained aninfection in it and the vet said it was down to the bitter cold. So isit a good idea?

2. Since i have a lop and a dutch rabbit i would like a dwarf one now,are they easier to look after because they aresmaller or isit about the same as a normal sized rabbit?

3. Are dwarf rabbits available in most good petshops or are they quite hard to find?

4. what should the tempreture be for a rabbit living indoors?

5. Which are more tame male or female?

6. and finally.... is it true thattoo many apples are bad for a rabbit teeth?

From Catherine (carrots)

:D

Hiya!

1. Yes, it'ssafer to keep your rabbit indoors.

2. It's the same as a normal one.

3. They are onthe pet market, but not easy to find, yet not too rare, either. I'm notsure.

4. I'm not sure,but it shouldn't be too cold nor toohot.

5. Females, Iguess, but Mr. Cuddles, my maleHolland Lop, is prettytame.

6. I'm not sure.

Pamnock orCarolyn may be able to give some straightanswers.

1) I agree withWishbone332 all rabbitsshould be kept inside a house or a warm barn. They will live longer andbe healthier.

2) Rabbits are Rabbits. The only kind that is harder to take care of(in my point of view) is the Angora. Their fur has to be brushedregularly because of its length.

3) Most pet shops sell "dwarf rabbits" because they are smaller andthey appeal more to children because of their size. You could alsocheck out your Animal Shelter orhttp://www.petfinder.com/Therabbits there are just a good as a rabbit that you will find in a petshop. In fact I would recommend checking them firstbecausethis time of year they will be showered with unwantedRabbits.

4) Rabbits are less affected by cold than they are by heat. You should avoid extreme temperatures and drafts.

5) You can make any rabbit tame with love. Don't worry about the sex worry about the temperment.

6) Anything fed in large amounts can be bad for a rabbit. One ortwoslices of an apple a week should be fine. Some people usethem as a treat.

Good Luck

Lissa

Latest posts

Back