Make a Jazz Noise Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myheart

Reaction score
Remember these photos...?

100_5880-1.jpg

100_6036-1.jpg

100_6031a-1.jpg

100_6026-1.jpg

If you need a reminder as to who this little bunny is, here is the link to Naturestee's thread about her foster family including little Zappa who stole everyone's heart. http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=37280&forum_id=6&page=1

Zappa is now in her forever home with me!!!! Believe it or not, Zappa is a girl!!!! :biggrin2: (The gender fairy paid her a visit while I was waiting for her to finish her shots and get speutered. A very unexpected call from the shelter.)

Here is Baby Zappa now... (brace yourself for the cuteness!!!)

PA050639-1.jpg

PA010596-1.jpg

PA050633-1.jpg

PA050634-1.jpg

The Zappa cuteness is back on RO!!!!:biggrin2:

Sorry to all who had dibs in on her....

myheart

:pinkbouce:EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:pinkbouce:

Geez woman I've been waiting a while for this thread!:p

What Myheart didn't tell you was how sneaky she can be. The other day I was at home about to get ready for work and she comes up to the door with a carrier in her hand saying meet my new bunny! She made everyone at the shelter promise not to tell me (should have noticed the sneaky smiles), since she had to wait a while for Zappa to get all of her shots for syphilis and then get speutered. Seriously I was in tears! I'm just so happy one of my babies is going to a home I can trust!

:hug::jumpforjoy:

Thank you JadeIcing and Bo B. Zappa is really turning into a little treasure.:D

I had decided I really needed to have a baby bunny in the house again when Katie, my foster-bun, was adopted by FuzzyLove. I missed her so much that I didn't what to do--wait for another foster, or adopt some-bun myself. :?

So, I started looking around on PetFinder. I came across the pictures that Naturestee took of Jazzy's first litter and there was Baby Zappa. I quickly printed out the on-line application for the Sheboygan shelter, filled it out, and drove the forty minutes to the shelter. I made it there with one minute left before the shelter was supposed to close. The girls buzzed me in so I could get to the counter to say, "I need Baby Zappa when he is ready to go. Here is my application. Please don't tell Angela anything about this because I want this adoption to be a surprise." ;)They were all so nice about my running in last-minute and letting me stay a few extra minutes to see my new baby bunny.

Hewas still so small,that I almost started to have doubts about taking him. His baby-daddies were so pretty and there were a few new Angoras to consider. I visited him every weekend for about a month watching him fill-out and grow, andI realized Ihad made the right decision. My only problem was wondering how Patrick would take to another male in the house. :?As long as Patch could be the dominant, I could start my Dutch-train.

The week prior to Zappa's speuter, I received a call from the Sheboygan shelter. I really thought something bad had happened to my new little guy. All they wanted to tell me was that Zappa developed into a she instead of a he. I was thrilled because there might be a better chance at bonding a trio with Zappa being a girl! :pZappa was spayed on the last Monday of September, and came home that Wednesday.

As Naturestee said, I made sure I left enough time to stop for a visit at her house with Zappa. She was so surprised she actually shed tears of joy about her Baby Zappa going to a home she was familiar with.

Thanks, Naturestee and Mr Stee, for fostering another one of my babies. You did a great job with nursing Zappa through her illness and her diagnosis.Ilook at her baby pictures, and am still in awe that I was able to watch her grow on your thread. She is stunning and a real delight to have in my house. I will wait a few weeks for hormones to calm down before introductions are made with Luna and Patch. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. :D

myheart

She is very cute!! Odd that she had loppy ears when she was younger but doesn't now.

Aww what a great story! You must be so delighted Angela! :D And congratulations Myheart she is absolutely adorable! :hearts

Thank you Leaf and Michaela... she is sweet. Zappa is extra cuddly because of all of the doctoring that Naturestee and Mr Stee had to do with her sore little bottom. Naturestee told me that they carriedZappa around quite a bit with a warm cloth onher bottom because of the soreness she had from the undiagnosedsyphilis. So Zappa is very fond of being cuddledand smooched on. :p

BSAR, I don't know what happened to her ears other than the possibility that the cartilage became strong enough to hold themselves straight. Her ears are broad like her baby-daddies, and she has a head-set more to the sides for the ears to lop, but they decided not to. Loppy or not, she is still a little honey, and I can't wait to introduce her to Patch and Luna. BTW... Zappa has already met Sunny. :DI will have to post those pictures soon.

myheart

So that's where Zappa went too! I'm so happy you got her. She looks like a happy bunny! :biggrin2:

Zappa is really starting to let more of her personality shine!! She is turning into a tom-boy sort of girl --Very adventurous and willing to take risks no matter how many times grandma-cat swats at her. :D

I took a few more pictures of her today during her first experience of the outside (I hope they turned out!). She had such a blast checking out everything inside the pen, that outside the pen started to look really interesting to her. I can't wait for the day she gets full run of the house. Talk about an adventure....:biggrin2:

myheart

What a gorgeous little girl, and a beautiful story! I'm sure she will be a wonderful addition to your home, as well as a new RO bunny fav! :biggrin2:

(Love her ears!! :hearts:)

Aww! Cute little "reverse lop"! Cute!

I want a dutch... I only have room for two bunnies, though :p Darn roommate...

It's more and more tempting everyday to kick him out and make his room into a bunny room lol j/k

kherrmann3 wrote:
Aww! Cute little "reverse lop"! Cute!

I want a dutch... I only have room for two bunnies, though :p Darn roommate...

It's more and more tempting everyday to kick him out and make his room into a bunny room lol j/k

I will have more room also once I get rid of the guy who lives with me. I could just tell him that I need the room for more bunnies vesus telling him he bothers the heck out of me :cool:.

myheart

LOL! I would do that (as he does BOTHER THE HECK out of both of us...) but we're too nice... I have to say, all your dutchies are on my bunny-nabbing list lol

You women are evil. :p LOL. :D ...

Congrats to you, myheart, for adding another sweetieheart to RO, ~ a Lucky lucky babe that was fostered by naturestee and her sweetie. Will be wonderful to watch ZappaGirl mature.

Nothing is more reassuring and calming when you become attached to a foster than to find out they are adopted by someone who will keep in touch with you.
They are so precious.

pssst, Toby, I heard about a 4. y.o. dutch in the system that needs a home. Don't give up hope on looking for women to live with!

softly Kiss yer newest little princess:jumpforjoy::rabbithop

I have some pictures of Zappa when she was at the shelter still. She's so adorable! :biggrin2:

P9210805.jpg

P9210811.jpg

P9210807.jpg

Latest posts

Back