Breeding Age of Holland Lops Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I breed her this weekend?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chelw114

Chelw114
Reaction score
I have a 5 month old Holland Lop doe that I'm debating whether or not to try to breed this weekend. Normally I would wait until 6 months but I'd like to breed 2 at once and have another doe that needs bred now. The 5 month old is the only potentially available doe I have for breeding right this second. She's a bit over 3 lbs and has an extremely wide hindquarter, just a really solid girl overall. What do some of the more experienced breeders think? Can I go ahead and breed her or should I just wait till 6 months and only breed the one right now?

Is the other doe you want to breed a first timer? If not, then it's up to you. We can't always breed two does at the same time, but if one will be a first time mom then we definitely try to breed a proven doe also. This way we have a backup in case our younger doe doesn't take care of the kits. It's up to you about breeding the 5 month old...she might or might not be interested yet. You can usually tell by their behavior if they are.

Latest posts

Back