Very New to Hollands and Looking for an Evaluation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelw114

Chelw114
Reaction score
I'm just getting started in Hollands and realize that I have a LOT to learn. I purchased a doe 2 months ago at 8 weeks old simply because I liked her color. Thanks to a very reputable show breeder I now realize that that was a huge mistake and I should have purchased something that had at least passed through the uglies. As a result I'm assuming that the doe I have now will be a total bust.

Here's what I'm seeing but would love someone else's evaluation.

* long ears
* possible shoulder dip
* long front limbs
* slipped crown

Am I right? Is there anything I'm missing? I have the tiniest hope that she might be good enough to be a brood doe but please critique her harshly. I'm not willing to sacrifice the future of my herd because I made a mistake.

image.jpg

Are there any people who are knowledgeable about Holland Lops who would be willing to offer their two cents? It would help me out so much! ��

He has a slipped crown, and long ears, or maybe his slipped crown is giving the illusion of longer ears, as you have already stated.

Honestly, your buck is your most valuable asset to your herd, so you'd be doing yourself a favour, and spending the money on a nice, pedigree buck, if you can. :)

Back