Rabbit communication - digging/rustling papers/making noise, etc

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murielsayer

Rabbit Novice
Reaction score
Hello -

At the moment, my girlfriend and I are trying to bond two rabbits, and it is proving difficult (the saga is in another thread). At the moment, we have the two buns separated in different rooms to try and give them a break and a chance to forgive/forget. They have been apart for several days now, both in x-pens. One pen is brand new and the other has been cleaned, as has the area surrounding it, to try and make it as neutral as possible.

I was up early this morning and one of the buns, J, started with his paper-rustling, chewing, moving-things-around routine. In response, F began to do the same, digging the top of her hidey-house and ripping bits from it to chew and eat. Between the two of them, it was quite a ruckus!

I wonder: are they communicating with one another? Is this aggressive behavior? They cannot see one another, but since my apartment has a fairly open plan, they can definitely hear each other. Does this defeat the purpose of the separation?

Thanks!

I'm really interested in reading this, but I don't have any knowledge to answer your post.. I'm really intersted in reading a post from someone with experience in bonding bunnies.

Latest posts

Back