Ducking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittlePanda0

Reaction score
Hi I was curious about my rabbit Elsa's sudden change in behavior she never been against me holding her besides the first time I got her but suddenly she started ducking her head in the crease of my arm what is that a sign of if it is a sign of anything.

She's seven months I've had her for five and a half I say she's not but I'm getting her checked out just to make sure and to get it done if she hasnt

If you got her at 6 weeks of age, there is no way she was spayed already. Some states don't even allow rabbits to be sold until 8 weeks of age. Most vets wait until 6 months of age before performing a spay, but some will do it sooner - but not early as 6 weeks.

You likely have two things going on. One is hormones, the other is her becoming an adult. While babies often tolerate being held, few adults like being picked up. They may learn to tolerate some holding, but it isn't something they enjoy.

Hormones can add a whole different dimension to behavior. For some rabbits, hormones seem to have little effect, while in others it can be a complete Jekyll and Hyde turn around.

Since she's certainly at the age when hormones can be affecting her, I wouldn't worry too much about any behavioral changes. Wait until after she's spayed, and then you can see how she is.

Back