Bunny Bonding Does anyone have 4 bonded buns? Tips on bonding please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckaBuns89

Reaction score
Hi. Ok so I have 4 buns.

Stellar, mini lop buck, 2.5lbs and 5months old, neutered.
One with yet to have a name. She's a harli magpie lionhead. She needs a name... 6lbs, and spayed.

And 2 bonded females Frankie and Binky. Lionheads. Frankie is 2lbs. And Binky is a runt, almost 1lb.

I have had a success with bonding my male and new female. They also tolerate Frankie she is super docile and just let's anything fly. We are having trouble bonding mostly our largest newbie with Binky. We can call the newbie Spencer for now since that was her adopted name.

By the way they are all in the same age group. Between 5 and 8 months for all.

So spencer does not like when Binky runs and jumps she seems to get agitated and then lunges and bites or pulls her hair. We had them all together with no real issues the first time for almost 12 hours. They seemed to do great. We were going to leave them but I didn't deep comfortable enough because of little scuffles. So far no one has been hurt and like I said my male Stellar and Spencer are pretty much bonded now. They lay together and cuddle and clean eachother although sometimes I don't think they established who is the alpha.

Spencer is skiddish and I feel when Binky starts running everywhere she gets terrified and just nips at her. They try to go up to one another but spencer ends up nipping her or catching her hair while she runs. I've tried making the space smaller. And bigger. I've tried stress bonding but that was with all 4. I've tried switching cages to get used to each others smells. But after the first day it seemed to have gotten worse between the two and sometimes I'm scared because of the weight difference. Binky also stomps and it irritates Spencer.

I'm wondering if anyone has bonded 4 buns. I know it's possible and they can live in harmony. I also know it can take weeks and even months before this can happen. I also know it may never work. I've read sk many success stories where they hated eachother and now love each other.

Can someone please make some suggestions. Maybe I should focus more on just the two? Maybe I should try a stress bonding session... I don't know. Some people say let them work it out but I just can't imagine Binky getting severely hurt. Although they haven't really hurt each other I worry they might and I can't have that.

Anyway thanks for letting me onto the forums and I hope to have some help along with this process.

Thanks!!

My buck and new doe are fixed. My vet said they would not feel comfortable spaying Binky because of her size as she is a runt and under a whole lb. She said there is much risk of hypothermia shock. I also heard this from my long term vet as well. So. I don't think she would be able to ever be spayed due to her size. Her sister isn't as well. She's really laid back. She is also pretty tiny. We would probably get her fixed but I don't know if she will always be with her sister if I'd wanna do one and not the other. I don't know. It's been a rough decision. I mean the 3 get along fine. It's just the little one that my biggest new girl has a little issue with.

Back