Feeding pellets UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nethersnow

Reaction score
So I am again thinking of changing my food...I used to have my rabbis on the burgess pellets.. I changed them onto the D+H rabbit pellets but I am finding this dusty even though it is nutritional benificial.

After speaking to many breeders and exibitors I want to change my food to the Allen and page breeder and grower pellets. I have heard it's very good and had natural nutritional benifits to aid gut moment and prevent stasis. Is this true?? Also where can I buy this from my local pets shops and equestrian suppliers do not stock this feed.

Here is a great chart comparing different pellet food for rabbits. There is a separate chart for juveniles and for adults.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp

Remember that breeders will have different recommendations than those for pet rabbits. So a "good" pellet varies depending on whether you are breeding your rabbit or if it is an indoor fixed pet rabbit. For example, indoor pet rabbits should have much lower protein percentages (closer to 12%) while breeding rabbits will need closer to 18%.

The chart should help you decide what's good for your situation.

I ha e had a look at the chart. I am a breeder and show exibitor. I was thinking to change mine to the Allen and page breeder and grow pellets..The supreme science selective and supreme fibrefirst. I just don't know which one to choose or which the buns will prefer.

Latest posts

Back