Rehoming an adorable male rex rabbit, >1 year old.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasSchneider

Reaction score
We have a lovely, young male rabbit who needs a new home ASAP! He is less than a year old, fairly energetic, but also likes to lounge, very sweet, and litter trained.

We unfortunately cannot take him with us when we move, and his current space is not adequate for a rabbit.
This adorable bun will not be free, there will be a small rehoming fee of $25, to ensure he goes to a good home who can afford to take care of him. It would be best if he could go to a home where the new owner has experience with rabbits! Preferably, you would have another rabbit for him to play with, but this is not a requirement.

Time and effort is involved in caring for him, such as cleaning his litterbox/cage (we do not keep him locked in the cage, as it is too small.) You have to completely empty, scrub, and replace the hay/bedding in the litterbox/cage once a week. This rabbit eats quite a lot, and not just rabbit pellets; they need actual vegetables too! This rabbit will dig and chew, so having a proper, rabbit-proofed living space is ideal. If you are not knowledgeable of these traits and prepared/experienced in dealing with them, then this is not the right pet for you.
Those things aside, this rabbit is very sweet! He's never bitten us, and he enjoys being pet. He does not, however, appreciate being picked up. He will kick continuously and try to leap away if someone attempts to pick him up. That being said, he will sit in your lap if you let him come to you! You can feed him by hand, but instead of eating it out of your palm, he generally just takes whatever you have and hops away. Also, he can and will jump more than 2 feet high.

Please email me as soon as possible if you are interested in adopting a new family member!
If you're interested in this little guy, it would also be great if you attach a photo or two of the space you intend to keep him in, so that we can ensure he will be happy there. We would also enjoy seeing any photos of rabbits you already have, should you already own any. Thank you so much! Look forward to hearing from you.

Check out some photos of him here: http://imgur.com/a/0YyNK

Please feel free to send me an email about this rabbit! You can email me at halo.mm117 @ yahoo.com

Okay, thank you, Nancy, I will update the original post with my location. I am definitely no expert on rabbits, and I chose Rex based only upon comparison between the way my rabbit looks and google searches of the different types that were available for him to be listed under. Can you tell me what type of rabbit he is, so that I can post him under the right type? Thank you!

Apparently I cannot edit my original post, so I will add the information here!

I live in Georgia right now, in the town of Austell, which is about 25-30 minutes south-west of Atlanta.

Latest posts

Back