Mother rabbit problems!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amelia1star

Reaction score
I have a mini lop bunny that is about 2 years old now. I got her when se was 1 and I decided this year That i wanted to breed her. Well I did a few weeks ago and it's been 36 days. She hasn't had any. I am wondering if she is too old to have babies? Thanks for all your help!

It can be harder for a 2 year old doe to have babies. Chances are you might have to breed her a couple of times before she will take.

Ideal time to breed is before 1 year of age and at least once a year after that.

I bred my doe at 1.5 years old and it took a few tries for her to take and have the babies :) She rejected her first litter but was an excellent mother to the second one. I hope all goes well for you and your doe :) good luck

At 2 years old she may have uterine cancer it is common in female rabbits. I wouldn't breed I would de sex her if I was you. I don't like to think of people who breed and don't even consider the rabbit

Latest posts

Back