The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bella! :)

Here's your daily dose of Felix.

tumblr_nfqhxm1s4u1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Totally going to have to take some! Maybe once the new house is set up. I wonder if I can find Felix's Santa hat from last year. :)

We are all set up in the new place! :) No Internet until early next year, so I'm only going to be here on mobile Internet or from work. Here's a few pics.

tumblr_ngtak9LtN51qadoszo1_500.jpg

*scritch scritch*

tumblr_ngtznsTDML1qadoszo1_500.jpg

All this space, but no one wants to leave the carpet!

tumblr_ngu68tC0sI1qadoszo1_500.jpg

"Dis is mine!"​

If they really won't leave the carpet, maybe you won't even have to pen them in! That would be so cool-looking and convenient for you, an invisible forcefield that only humans can cross. :p That pic of Clem facing away reminds me so much of Merlin. You could say I've been the recipient of a lot of bunny-butting from that little grey snob.

Geez, buy a lovely big bale of hay and suddenly everyone's a hay connoisseur. Verrrry picky and choosy with the stuff! Hopefully they get used to it soon. :p

I'm desperate for some animal affection. :(

I'll just have the two buns soon, as I'm rehoming Bigby; I thought he'd do okay as a solo piggie making friends with the buns, but they won't pay him any attention, except for Clementine occasionally chasing him aggressively. He really needs a guinea pig friend to thrive. I'm fostering him until I can find the perfect home, because he's a really special little piggie and deserves to have some piggy friends to spend his life with. I'll really miss the little bugger.

The bunnies just don't seem to like me. I know it's in their nature and maybe I should have expected it more than I did, but I just wish they'd do things that I see others' rabbits doing here. Jumping on the bed, asking for pets, licking to show affection, even just happily spending time in the general vicinity. It seems like whenever I get near, they both bound back to the safety of their cage just to get away from me. I've been looking into adopting another animal that have more affectionate personalities - don't get me wrong, I love my little buns to pieces, but it can be so heartbreaking to devote so much to them and to get so little in return. I've been looking at cats and dogs but it's too scary to have them in the same household without being able to trust them together (since they're predatory). :( Just feeling a little blue. I wonder if adopting a third bunny that was kept somewhat separate to the other two would be worth it sometimes... one that's bonded to me a little more than the others.

Aw, I feel the same way with my two. Since they bonded Sasha isn't a people bun anymore...she's Merlin's bunny now! She actually runs from me and spends her time either exploring alone or harassing Merlin for head grooms. Merlin too is a lot more comfortable with Sasha than with me. When our buns busy being happy bunny buddies, it's hard for us not to feel a bit left out. :(

I don't know whether adding a third bun will result in more bunny interaction, but I've heard about a few third bunnies causing the original bond to break, so it could be a big risk.

I'm desperate for some animal affection. :(

I'll just have the two buns soon, as I'm rehoming Bigby; I thought he'd do okay as a solo piggie making friends with the buns, but they won't pay him any attention, except for Clementine occasionally chasing him aggressively. He really needs a guinea pig friend to thrive. I'm fostering him until I can find the perfect home, because he's a really special little piggie and deserves to have some piggy friends to spend his life with. I'll really miss the little bugger.

The bunnies just don't seem to like me. I know it's in their nature and maybe I should have expected it more than I did, but I just wish they'd do things that I see others' rabbits doing here. Jumping on the bed, asking for pets, licking to show affection, even just happily spending time in the general vicinity. It seems like whenever I get near, they both bound back to the safety of their cage just to get away from me. I've been looking into adopting another animal that have more affectionate personalities - don't get me wrong, I love my little buns to pieces, but it can be so heartbreaking to devote so much to them and to get so little in return. I've been looking at cats and dogs but it's too scary to have them in the same household without being able to trust them together (since they're predatory). :( Just feeling a little blue. I wonder if adopting a third bunny that was kept somewhat separate to the other two would be worth it sometimes... one that's bonded to me a little more than the others.

My buns keep running from me but for different reasons. Brooke now has glaucoma and I have to give her eye drops 4 times a day. Trust me, she ain't feeling the love now from me.

I understand totally how you feel. Remember when I first got Lady and all she did would bit me on the butt? I was wondering when oh when will she
ever show me some affection. I would not take all of this personally, I really wouldn't think about some people and their kids. Devote their lives to them and take off around 18 and doesn't give a toss about their parents.

I think you are doing a great job with those two and think it's because of how young they are. Now that Brooke is getting older she is giving me more kisses, in between trying to bite me from putting eye drops in her eyes all the time and Marilyn just had yet another obstruction where I had to force feed her critical care for 8 hours over the week end every day. Trust me, there was no love there. I got my glasses kicked off, but after she felt better and finally passed the pooh that was causing the obstruction, she seemed more affectionate. Don't take it personally.... after all they are your bunnies and do love you. They know you take care of them. Just think of them as acting like bunny brats now.... I'm sure it will change. All mine have and Marilyn who I adopted in July is just starting to shift... so it will happen.

All in time

Vanessa

Trix was never terribly affectionate towards her mum until a few years back. Triger gave me THREE licks over his entire lifetime and I was his primary caregiver. He adored his mother even though she never gave him treats.

What am I saying? Your bunnies could decide to let you into the group. Trigger even would let me pet him whilst in dead flop mode in his later years.

Latest posts

Back