Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lover4daisy

Reaction score
Hello! I have a question about toys, and I don't know where it belongs, So I guess I can go here...

Okay! So what type of homemade toys do you make for your rabbit(s)?
I make a few, but I think she is bored with them already.

Thanks for using you time to read this! :pinkbouce:

I've never made toys for my bun. But she likes the little cat balls with the bells in them.

Ha ha! Never even thought of that! Thanks, I will get some when I go to the store!

Hi lover4daisy!
My rabbits usually love cardboard and cubes. So what I do is go to my local craft store and buy wooden cubes or hearts or anything cute for around .89$ a piece, which is really good. But as far as homemade Here are some Ideas.....

1. Cute out cute shapes , letters , etc. out of cardboard
  2. use SAFE tissue paper ( or any type of thin paper) and make paper flowers. ( steps are at bottom)
  3. stuff a cardboard tube with hay and treats ( may be a apple tree stick)
  4. Make an activity mat by tying toys to a sea grass mat
  5. using safe paper and cardboard , punch holes in the materials and string them together
  6. Be creative:rainbow:!! you know your bunny better than me so get creative with SAFE things around the house!!
Paper flowers

• fold 5-7 sheets of paper like a fan ( bake and forth , back and forth)
  • tie a piece of safe string ( such as all natural string ) around the middle
  • Fluff out the 2 ends till it looks kinda like a ball
that's pretty much it as far a paper flowers. You can also look up other types of paper flowers and create a safe version for your bunny.

I hope this helped you!
DIYbunny:anotherbun

Both my rabbits love to chew paper. So they get toilet paper rolls and pieces of balled up lined paper. Also they have wood chew blocks and teddy bears. As they aren't together.

+1 on cardboard and paper.

Phone books with the covers removed, toilet paper rolls, cardboard boxes with and entrance cut out..... all practically free.

Paper towel and toilet paper rolls are a big hit. I like to stuff hay in them too! Phone books. Any thing cardboard. I also like to stuff those brown paper lunch bags with hay and sometimes I hide those Oxbow freeze dried strawberry treats inside as well. :)

Back